Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlecruiser HMS Hood - A Hachette Project  (Read 160541 times)

peter c

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Battlecruiser HMS Hood - A Hachette Project
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:29 am »

Hi Everybody

Its been a long time since my last post, and so I must offer my excuse.

I was made redundant from my job in March last year and because 'er indoors didn't know about the build, it had to go into hiding in the house. I had a month 'holiday' before I was contacted by an old work colleague who asked me if I would be interested in doing some drawings for him on a freelance basis, to which I accepted thinking it would give me work for a few months, within a few weeks, other companies contact me about my freelance work and I now have half a dozen companies who I regularly work for.

All this work doesn't give me much time to spend with the models especially as I can only work on the Hood when 'er indoors is out, but I have managed to do some work on her which I hope to put on the forum soon.

Regarding the partworks, the collection is now completed with all unopened magazines stored in the loft next to the hull, this is the only safe place from 'er indoors as she doesn't venture up there due to having to use the ladder to gain access and my mention of 'big hairy spiders' living up there.

Regards Peter
Member of Chasewater Model Boat Club and Mid Wales Model Boat Club

Jjdsplace

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2014, 09:04:51 am »

Guess your may take as long as mine as I hadn't even started it yet

SailorGreg

• Full Mayhemer
  • Money talks - it says goodbye
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2014, 01:23:50 pm »

Isn't 'er indoors going to ask a few penetrating questions the first time she sees you popping out with a brand new 4 foot warship under your arm?   <*< <*<

Or do you have a nice big pool in the loft??  %%

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2014, 02:02:11 pm »

RE:  Isn't 'er indoors going to ask a few penetrating questions the first time she sees you popping out with a brand new 4 foot warship under your arm.  Just need to disguise it as a big hairy spider which by the time Peter gets back to the build it may be covered with them.. {-)

Frank 

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:06 pm »

I was tempted to take up this partwork when it was released but I am inspired by your build log Peter. I hope work is still plentiful and that you are having some fun with the Hood or other ships. We all need a bit of a break from large projects.

Pond weed is your enemy

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2014, 10:23:33 am »

Hi Peter c, that's a nice little story about getting back into work, thanks for sharing wiit with us.  Nice to hear of people surviving and dealing with the big R.
Good luck
regards Roy

peter c

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2015, 04:43:48 pm »

Its been a long time since my last post which was in August 2014, and sadly the Hood and my other models have found themselves a long way down the priority list gathering dust, along with my sailing sessions.

All this was due to starting a new business, multiple household chores and the recent loss of a close member of the family who had been in hospital for the last few months.

But now the winter months are approaching and work has settled into a routine, I have been able to spend a few hours a week bringing my models up to date.

My last post was about the plywood panels at the bow of the ship, this also had to be mirrored at the stern, the previously glued plywood panels being carefully removed and packed out by 1.2mm (2 layers of 0.6mm veneer) before being glued back.

As far as I can tell this has completed the majority of the hull planking and I can return to completing work on the shelter deck, some of this work has already been completed and I will update later in the month.

Regards Peter

Member of Chasewater Model Boat Club and Mid Wales Model Boat Club

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

Good to see you back and whittling. I did wonder how she was going.
Pond weed is your enemy

Jjdsplace

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2015, 07:59:52 am »

At least your getting somewhere as mine is all in a box waiting to be started  (may have to wait for one of the kids to move out so I can get the spare room )
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 22 queries.