Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Product: Moebius 1:72 Skipjack  (Read 3534 times)

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
New Product: Moebius 1:72 Skipjack
« on: October 22, 2011, 02:01:40 am »

Thought this might be of interest of which Dave Merriman was the lead designer.  :-))

For those not up on their maritime history, Skipjack was the first of the modern teardrop nukes subs to enter USN service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skipjack_class_submarine

This mock-up debuted this week at the Chicago iHobby 2012. Due early next year with $120.0 MSRP.

Caswell already has an RC conversion kit & SubDriver in the works.  More info & photos on SD forum:

http://forum.sub-driver.com/showthread.php?1708-Our-greatest-moment!!!!!!!

"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
Re: New Product: Moebius 1:72 Skipjack
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 07:38:51 am »

Here you go, folks!

David just released some of his recent work on the fittings kit to whet your appetite.

Enjoy!
"China is a sleeping giant. Let her sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world." ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 07:52:34 am »

WOW!!!!........That is some engineering....beautiful stuff.

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04:43 am »

More of David's work on the RC conversion kit. He plans to have the masters this weekend and then will start on the mast kit. Caswell will offer 2 kits for the Skipjack that David is developing for both RC & static modeler markets:

The 'R/C conversion' fittings kit will be all the items needed to convert the kit to function as a practical r/c model submarine -- included in that fittings kit will be the foundations I showed last night to mount a torpedo weapon system if the customer desires.

I will develop a separate 'detailing' kit that will include refined masts, scopes and antennas, detailed door and deck hatches, main ballast vent flanges, cleats, mooring lines, figures, and other small parts to make a more presentable display piece.

Details can be found on www.sub-driver.com.

For those waiting on a kit, I was advised they are arriving at distributors so buy 'em up fast so Moebius sees a hit on their hands.  There are some amazing ideas being kicked around as follow up subjects that will make any fan of the Revell 1:72 sub kits blush with excitement.  :-))

herrmill

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 08:37:53 am »

Masters for the conversion kit are done so now onto the masts & detail parts.

I see that the first kits are starting to arrive in early buyers hands so I guess we'll start seeing some reviews appearing soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 21 queries.