Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Ebay Hull - what to use it for?  (Read 1839 times)

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
Red Ebay Hull - what to use it for?
« on: December 03, 2011, 05:28:41 pm »

Hi Guys

I bought this red ebay hull for £15. I just need to work on some projects to build up some modelling skills. So my question is what cargo ship/s would be a suitable build for this hull shape? and if anyone knows what era the hull looks to be? If you have a particular ship in mind can you try and post a picture too :-))

Dimensions are 35" long, 6.25" wide, 5" deep. Re final built speed - this will be slowish so I get some run time.

It's not something I will start very soon - but I am very interested to see your suggestions. Thanks for looking.

Dave

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Red Ebay Hull - what to use it for?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 06:49:59 pm »

Any idea what it was going to be before you bought it ?    I`m doing a sort of small coastal container ship based on a stretched Springer. Lots of fun looking for cheap containers so I can have a big (ish) stack of them, maybe 50 or so.  I`ve cribbed somebody`s pic to show a nice one but bigger. Something like that for your hull ?
..well can you land on this?

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:19:05 pm »

Hi Duncan
before I bought it - it was going to be for sale {-) Seriously it was, they are selling them on a buy it now, basis but for £20 now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIBREGLASS-BOAT-HULL-MODEL-BOATS-RC-BOATS-ETC-/190599226387?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2c60996413. A few weeks ago I just thought a bid at £15 iwas worth a punt.

Dave

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 07:27:19 pm »

Sorry Duncan - I missed half my reply off

I won't go for the container idea just now, but that's purely because I want the experience of deck equipment, holds, derricks, etc. I am really hoping that by getting advice here I will avoid getting the era of the hull completely contradicting the era of the superstructure. :o

Let's see what else floats by  ok2

Dave

Number 6

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 08:00:25 pm »

Any idea what it was going to be before you bought it ?    I`m doing a sort of small coastal container ship based on a stretched Springer. Lots of fun looking for cheap containers so I can have a big (ish) stack of them, maybe 50 or so.  I`ve cribbed somebody`s pic to show a nice one but bigger. Something like that for your hull ?

Containers? Seen these? Also Barry's Model Lettering now do self adhesive container 'wraps' in 1/96 scale. Dave.  :-))

http://www.scalescenes.com/products/T031-Shipping-Containers
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.