well.......I suppose it's not the worst thing I've ever been called,
anyway, back to the build.
Yesterday I'd started to cast in polyU resin the cowl vents and the trunks for them.
Today was a time to glue them together. I always finf that drilling by eye and finding the centre of a circle ( i.e. the centre of the trunks ) for pinning the two pieces together isn't easy.......so have found in the past that if you drill the holes oversize for the brass pin to be used, you can adjust the position of both parts to get them fitting properly.......I set them together using two part epoxy glue.
However, when sorting out the bases for both sizes of cowl vent trunks I found that there were none to the new size which is larger than those used on the Anne Letitia Russell..............so I set about turning two of each size needed on the laithe from brass bar.
First, on this process, I centre drilled the brass with a live centre tool, and then drilled the smaller hole with a HSS drill bit to the same size as the trunk.
However, the larger trunk needed a hole outside the size I carry, and so I used a cutting tool to cut a hole into the centre of the brass bar as per trunk diameter (after pre drilling a hole to the largest size of drill bit I have).
I then cut the bases out using a couple of tools with the laithe, and finally cleaned the fittings up, before parting off with a straight cut parting tool.
they are now set into a plastecine and lego mould box ready for casting a 1 piece mould for surface pouring and casting with polyU resin.