so! back to the build, and a little catch up, lol.
well, I wasn't happy with the cladding I put on the other day and stripped it all off.......that and the fact that Andrew, quite rightly pointed out that I had clad the cabin of Mary Stanford wrongly...........
Anyway..........I set about cutting and gluing on to the aft edges of the open cockpits, the cladding strips in 1.8 mm ply today.......now, that seamed to go a lot better than yesterday, and the cr***y painting is now just a long past minor irritation.
I also made the raised cockpit surround for the fore cockpit of the Field Marshal and Mrs Smuts to take the fold down windshield to protect the helmsman/coxs'n.
Finally I fitted the funnels to the H F Bailey and FieldMarshal boats....I marked them out, drilled the perimeter of the hole to be cut out, and then reamed out with the side of the drill bit, before sanding smooth to take the funnel. Note the only funnel to have a capping of the three boats is the Field Marshal....this was made as a master from milliput and then moulded. in polyurethane resin from a rubber mould.