Don't you know that if that happens how will he be able to find anything
I can't anyway...........it's got to be an improvement......rock it on lads.......I might find my tin full or 14 ba nuts and bolts if you do,
Today, I began to prepare for spraying the hulls of the three boats in this rat hole, by giving a coat of etching primer, to key into the grp without blooming.
I am by no means anywhere near a decent painter, and tend to muddle through, and I tend to become impatient when painting, but have said to myself, this time, I'll spend some tme and take my time, leaving coats to dry, and rub down with wet and dry well.............ummmmm!!!.
hopefully I'll reach a desired effect that will be pleasing to the eye.
So, I got down to it, and even after the first coat, things didn't go well at all......first I found a small area on the belting of the H F Bailey that was hollow underneath the gell coat, so painting stopped whilst I cut out the gell coat and filled, then sanded down, before giving another coat around the area with primer.
However, on the Mary Stanford, there was an even bigger cockup to cover...........
After spraying up with the coar of etching primer, I was looking at it and watching the preverbial paint to dry when I realised that I hadn't put into the two anchor recesses, the hawse pipes from the anchor/rope recesses to the deck..............so I then had to work that out, using brass tubing, and filler to hold it in place, so after drilling the holes to take the hawse pipe, that was sorted, and after cleaning up the mess created it was back to a covering coat of etching primer.
However, for the opening where the hawse pipe comes through the deck, I used bulwark hawse plates ( moulded for the Clyde lifeboat) as the deck housing surrounds, bedded in with polyester filler, and trimmed up just as it was going off..