It has come to the stage now where I have only miriads of little jobs to do to the three models..........I had a visit from Glyn and his wife today, and we had a lovely chat about the boat, which included a few bits to re position that were different to those positions shown on plans, and a few bits not shown on plan............in the end, I could fill another page of mayhem with photos of the little bits that I had done..................but I won't..................I'll save the photos for when I have finished the models........hopefully next week and then will post some of the finished boats.........
just save to to say that the list below is of items we discussed today, items I compleated this afternoon, and those items that I need to do to finish the boats.
1) Roller fairlead added to starb side front cockpit
2) voice pipes to fore and aft cabins
3) hand grab rails to top sides of fore cabin
4) hand grab rails to upper aft of rear cabin.
5) Painted helmsmans back rest as discussed.
6) Added engine control to starb side fore cabin false wall.
7) added several buttons and switches to control panel
added fire extinguishes to fore and aft cabins.
9) added clock to fore cabin.
10) added loud hailer to aft cabin top.
11) added 4 x search light pedestals to fore and aft cabins and one search light
12) box for line throwing gun painted and fixed to position discussed.
13) oil pump repositioned.
14) axes, hatchets and knives fixed into position.
15) header tank filler caps added to aft cabin top
16) glued rope bins to side "barge boards" ready for fixing to engine casing top.
17) painted mast fittings a second coat of white.
Jobs still to do:
1) make the tiller arm
2) cap for tiller socket
3) Button for Klaxon.
4) binoculars and megaphone.
5) drogue to be made.
6) add the two fenders bnow and stern.
7) tool holder at stern cockpit wall
screen wiper for fore cabin. .
9).buffers for wind screens
10) cleats for aft mast .
11) Pullies for radio lines and radio lines
12) .plank the sides of the aft cockpit where it meets the engine casing/barge boards .
13) Paint deck and the vent cowl bases
14) .Glue cowl vents to decks
15) .rig masts
16) rig stanchions
17) top cap for the black conduit up the fore mast.
18) fit the navigation, anchor and steaming lights.
Oh yes, and fit the r/c gear into the boats..........got to find some motors for them yet, and buy some speed controllers.
daren't tell the missud, lol