Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: liverpool class  (Read 15411 times)

heritorasphodel

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: liverpool class
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 08:42:02 pm »

yeah, the screen is scratch, all out of styrene. The hinge is made from short, thick sections of plastic tube fixed to the canopy, with longer bits of brass tube attached to the screen. The difficult bit is getting the pin in!

The problem with it though is that on the real boat, to hold them up and together there are locating brackets, with a wingnut-ish thing to hold them together. I don't think I could make a working set at this scale, so mine are imitation. They hold the two side screens up well, but the front panel has a tendency to fall forward.

Andrew

heritorasphodel

• Inactive
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:52 pm »

This may be a long shot, but does anyone know how how a flag could be flown from the mizen mast of a Liverpool? It must be possible, because I've got photos of the flag on the boat but there are no fixings apparent on Grace Darling (my main boat for reference).

Andrew

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »

spoke to dave this week about liverpool lifeboat,he said it is progressing really well and should be on sail about october 2012 price approx £350.
Martin

Anyone know how Dave's kit is progressing?

Declan

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 03:21:16 pm »

Anyone know how Dave's kit is progressing?

Declan

Slowly............spoke to Dave last week and he is working on some cad cut parts for it to make life easier for the modeller.

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2014, 03:49:46 pm »

Slowly............spoke to Dave last week and he is working on some cad cut parts for it to make life easier for the modeller.

Cheers Neil..

Many thanks for info. We have a model of the 'William and Laura' coming to the station from HQ in Poole and would hopefully like to build an RC version in due course.

Declan

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:53 pm »

yes, Declan.............I didn't realise that when I built the motor sailor William and Laura, first motor lifeboat in Ireland stationed at Donaghadee she wasn't the only boat of that name...........when I get my Liverpool off dave I will be building her as W & L.
cheers, neil.

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2014, 10:54:03 pm »

yes, Declan.............I didn't realise that when I built the motor sailor William and Laura, first motor lifeboat in Ireland stationed at Donaghadee she wasn't the only boat of that name...........when I get my Liverpool off dave I will be building her as W & L.
cheers, neil.

Yes, the William and Laura (from our station) is currently in storage at the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Cultra, Belfast. Have to speak to my cousin again to see if I can get up to take photographs. :-)

Declan

typhoon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 04:14:58 pm »

has this kit been shelved ? i know patience is a virtue but ......... !  please can someone enlighten me. soon be winter !

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 04:24:07 pm »

I had requested one on these kits some time ago, and was advised 'probably in the new year'.  Nothing since.  Very sad.  I am not normally into life boats, but my Uncle served on the Liverpool Class St Ives lifeboat "Edgar George Orlando and Eva Child" ON861.  I would love to build a model of it as we used to see her every summer when we stayed there.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:27 pm »

Tony Green steam models at lincoln has brought most of metcalf mouldings models,but they declined to answer weather they brought the Liverpool class,I would say if they did buy the Liverpool class off of Dave then a least 20/30 kits would be snapped up a bit rapid.I am going to kirklees on Sunday if there there I will ask again.Somebody spent a lot of time making the moulds but nothing to show as of yet,as I was told by a close source that Dave metcalf eye site was not as it was.

baloo

typhoon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2015, 06:41:42 pm »

thanks for that info  baloo please keep us updated  with  any further developments if any regards.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2015, 06:46:11 pm »

I have there ph number somewhere ( Tony green) but I will see if there at kirklees 1st  to ask them again,as they brought dave's models/moulds/kits and it would be nice to know what's happening with the Liverpool class

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2015, 04:32:19 am »

The kit will be produced in about a year or so.

typhoon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2015, 06:38:02 am »

a year or so jeez  :((  hibernation for me then !

typhoon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2015, 01:55:03 pm »

so are his other kits still available but through tony green steam models ?? 

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2015, 05:49:37 pm »

He has about 5 or 6 kits on display,that is why I said to him,are you doing the Liverpool and he said what I have on display at present but more to follow

typhoon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:53 pm »

just spoke to tony green and he told me hes not got any molds for the liverpool class . dave metcalf sold the molds along with the ann letitia russell to someone else. he doesnt know to  who .  However  tony green will be producing the rest of metcalfs kit range in the near future .

Charlie

• Full Mayhemer
  • I spend far too much time on Model Boats Mayhem!
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2015, 01:07:21 pm »

If you want a Liverpool Class but don't want to wait for a kit that may or may not come out at some point in the future, your best bet i reckon is to get a Hull from Orion Mouldings and a set of plans from the RNLI - see links below  :-))
http://www.orionmouldings.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5359317
http://www.rnlishop.org.uk/about-rnli/model-making-plans/info/liverpool-lifeboat-drawings/997048.html

typhoon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2015, 03:49:56 pm »

thanks for that charlie but personally would rather have a kit to get me old gnashers into everything in a box instead of searching for this and that but thanks all the same. shame really but we live in hope.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 22 queries.