Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A laymans guide to tools in the workshop  (Read 8429 times)

Dreadstar

• Full Mayhemer
Re: TOOL LIST EXPLANATIONS
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2018, 07:10:55 am »

When encountering a particularly stubborn nut of the 42mm variety,an old workmate of mine remarked that he felt that the nut had been done up by a sex starved gorilla with a six foot pair of stillsons. I don't think that he had been far off either,as he was built like a brick privvy. We ended up having to burn the sodding thing off.
Vosper MkIII Corvette
Type 24 Frigate
HMS Cyclops
King Midas tug
Sovremenny GMD
Geobukseon(Turtle ship).

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2018, 08:42:23 am »

The  frustration searching for that missing tool knowing you will find it as soon as soon as you buy a replacement.

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 09:51:58 am »

The  frustration searching for that missing tool knowing you will find it as soon as soon as you buy a replacement.
Tools are sociable creatures.  If lonely, they will hide until you have purchased a replacement.  After the purchase the missing one will come out of hiding to make friends with the new one.  They will then both hide away.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 11:36:36 am »

The most inexplicable substance known to man is Ultra CA adhesives.
They will instantly, and permanently, glue fingers together and glue fingers to anything other than the parts to be affixed.  They will also irretrievably glue together any pliers, tweezers, or other tools being used to position parts.
The sole things they will not glue are the parts you wanted to fix together.
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

T33cno

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 11:52:28 am »

I've had umpteen experiences on site of muppets helping themselves to a screwdriver from my kit without asking.
The most annoying part is their complete lack of knowledge of the very significant difference between a Philips and a Pozidrive cross point. Invariable bringing my tools back damaged  >>:-(
Even worse taking one of my modulo drivers for electrical equipment. Looks very similar to a pozidrive to the untrained but very different.

There are also two versions of modulo! and many electricians do not know that.
Right tool for the right job  O0

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 01:08:33 pm »

usually when going to put away the new tool, the old one is found, together with the last half dozen replacements.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2018, 12:01:59 am »

A 'brilliant 48 in 1 socket wrench'  ...never loose your tool again ......probably designed by some budding CAD student  >:-o.......beautifully forged in some far off Asian land.....& they will sell millions

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiuzZ-Ux8nYAhUIi7wKHZ-gCUcQtwIIPjAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dkf-rTD3ZuuU&usg=AOvVaw3Y6zW2yAQdQZc7cXOj9rAA

Mathematically 7 divided by 6 = 1.16^.......21 divided by 18 = 1.16^........

It cannot work without damaging your property so who really wants to damage the faces of your nuts with bite marks?  {-)......
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 12:22:21 am »

When encountering a particularly stubborn nut of the 42mm variety,an old workmate of mine remarked that he felt that the nut had been done up by a sex starved gorilla with a six foot pair of stillsons. I don't think that he had been far off either,as he was built like a brick privvy. We ended up having to burn the sodding thing off.

What a brilliant thread, actually made me LoL!   {-) {-) {-)

( Topics merged )
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.