Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: Springer Tugs  (Read 1315618 times)

ppsailor

MY Springer Tug
« Reply #425 on: July 02, 2007, 07:47:50 am »

MY springer tug  , in styreno.
ppsailor :)[/img]

toesupwa

• Full Mayhemer
  • USA'd ex Brit
Re: MY Springer Tug
« Reply #426 on: July 02, 2007, 08:27:13 am »

MY springer tug  , in styreno.
ppsailor :)[/img]

That bow doesnt look much like a Springer  :o more pics please!!!

And where is Styreno?...

If thats supposed to be "Styrene" then it wont survive a Springer football match!

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Springer Tugs
« Reply #427 on: July 02, 2007, 09:40:25 am »

Toes; that might mean solid expanded polystyrene foam block ? My Spanish is limited to what I picked up from cowboy movies but I think the name is "River Mule" ?  Good name if that is correct.  PPSailor, where are you Jose ? Is the forward upward slope on bow added to the standard Springer hull ? Any more details, what is the roller device on bow ?
..well can you land on this?

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #428 on: July 02, 2007, 10:22:16 am »

Arrow5,

If you look carefully at the pic the hull appears to be flat bottomed...........

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #429 on: July 02, 2007, 09:06:06 pm »

Don't think so Roy , is that not just the reflection of the top half of the hull ? Anyway the definitive LOCH INSH SPRINGER GOAL POST has been decided , well they were sitting about doing nothing so I asked to use them.  I also had to purchase  :o, yes with money :'( a ball for practice,   ! it is tricky. What size ball was used at Mayhem event? Martin , Bradders ????

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #430 on: July 02, 2007, 09:15:31 pm »

...good job nobody was watching.

ppsailor

« Reply #431 on: July 04, 2007, 05:00:36 am »

Toes; that might mean solid expanded polystyrene foam block ? My Spanish is limited to what I picked up from cowboy movies but I think the name is "River Mule" ?  Good name if that is correct.  PPSailor, where are you Jose ? Is the forward upward slope on bow added to the standard Springer hull ? Any more details, what is the roller device on bow ?

Hi captain arrow5. Ppsailor salute from Mexico. I was mistaken of forum. my English is to regulate.-_I am Sorry. - A friend commented to me, who the boat must reunite certain elements so that it considers itself him to springer. A main element is the hull.-How I can eliminate or erase the photo of my boat of this forum?
Thank you very much
Another question…. As I can initiate a forum on boats impelled with the solar energy.??? (solarboats)?
 Ppsailor.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #432 on: July 04, 2007, 06:28:32 am »

Welcome to the forum Jose, that is correct Springers are a regulated design of boat but they are based on the type you have modelled, and very nice your`s is too. I hope you keep the photo on this forum, it is good that we have contributers from Mexico. I am sure the moderators of Model Mayhem will answer the Solar Propulsion question.  Martin/Brad over to you.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #433 on: July 04, 2007, 07:34:34 am »

Marine Modelling magazine is running a Solar challenge at the moment....
http://www.marinemodelmagazine.com/events/default.aspx?cid=3687

Ppsailor - please feel free to start a new topic - solar boats.....
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Captbill

« Reply #434 on: July 05, 2007, 02:35:19 am »

For those of you wondering how tight Scoot turns  ;D you might want to have a look at this..

http://media.putfile.com/Scoot-the-Springer

:o :o :o

Wow! What a great video Toes!!!  Thanks!

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #435 on: July 10, 2007, 02:40:58 pm »

Hi all reading this thread with interest.  As a game what about each Springer towing an inflated baloon and have a pin or bursting device on the bow?  Sort of 'Last man standing' i.e last Springer to still have an inflated baloon.
regards Roy

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #436 on: July 13, 2007, 10:10:30 am »

Ho Where is Everybody...Seems like the Springers Have Sprung...

Norry
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #437 on: July 13, 2007, 11:06:34 am »

Yeah, I was thinking that too Norry. I`m still building anybody else ? Some talk about a do in November...brrrrr. Loch Insh in Sept is just about enough time for a few more to appear.....hint !

chingdevil

« Reply #438 on: July 13, 2007, 12:05:06 pm »

I am busy building both a Springer and a 12/4th scale pusher tug, I will try to get some pictures out over the weekend. Scotland in September sounds nice, but being on holiday at Niagara Falls sounds better ;D ;D.

Yes we are getting some springers together for the show at Warwick in November 9, 10, 11, put on a display and a football match. If any one is interested in coming let me know, then I can let the organisers know how much Mayhem to expect.

One note on this the organisers say that any Springers coming to the Warwick show have to be there for all three days, so that is from the Friday to the Sunday. I am going to be there for the three days so if you wanted to get your Springers to me I could take them you would then be able to have a play when you come, I could then return them to you after the show.

The other Brian

BridRacer

« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2007, 06:36:12 pm »

Hi all look what i got today... As a totally useless builder i got a friend to make the hull for my springer (thanks BobF) and I'm going to try and do the rest myself. will keep you all posted as this will be the first boat I've ever tried to make i tend to just buy them built so watch this space :)

Chris

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2007, 07:37:43 pm »

Welcome to the Springer Mayhem!  ::)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

norry

• Full Mayhemer
  • ...Get Your Tugs Out For The Bouys...
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2007, 08:25:01 pm »

...Gaun Yersell Chris...You Can Do It...

...All The Best...Norry...

...Plan ahead...take Your Time...Build in Cardboard First If That Helps Then Build it in Wood or Plastic...Its Easy...
...Get Your Tugs Out For The Buoys...

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2007, 09:56:46 pm »

What are you  planning for a top Chris ? Anything goes,tug, military/naval hasnt had much interest so far. Time we started a barges section too. Any details of yours Norry.

link43mk

« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2007, 10:09:23 am »

are there any plans available for this type of tug

chingdevil

« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »

There are plans at the beginning of this posting. The basic hull is 18inches or 450mm long by 8inches or 200mm wide. If you have a problem printing them let me know and I will post you a copy.
Keep us informed of how it is going and what the top is like, if you have any queries ask away there are quite a few springer builders here.

The other Brian

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2007, 12:23:03 pm »

Plans: http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Common/Plans.doc
RULES:
18" x 8" inch hull size and floor shape as per plan.
Single Motor up to 540 size ( gearing etc. allowed ) eg. 540/550 / Speed 600. ANY gear / belt / magnetic drive you like!
Power - Up to 7.2 volts
SINGLE RUDDER BLADE TYPE up 4" Sq.
Must have a superstructure of some sort.

You can fit steam if you wish,  jet turbines also allowed no IC or Diesel engines or Pulse Jets! 

BridRacer

« Reply #446 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:42 am »

well I started on the super structure this morning it was 03:45. I've decided to rip off a boat i already have (Paula 3) thought it would be an easy build but have scaled it down a bit will post some pics when i got time off to the lake now to set up for the MPBA national championships that start tomorrow

see ya all Chris

mogsy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #447 on: July 20, 2007, 11:56:51 am »

Good idea Chris, I've gone same route as you and got a fellow Mayhemer to build hull (and install motor, prop and esc etc.). I'm going to try and aproximatly replicate my newly completed AlKhubar which has been lovingly built by Graham at themodeldock.  I too will post once my superstructure work commences.

Mogsy

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #448 on: July 22, 2007, 11:27:11 am »

My mate Sandy goes to car-boot sales browsing for books to buy and sometimes comes home with useful "bits n pieces" for modelling. These are his latest finds.  A broken digger and a giant construction site crane, latter in working order after some fiddling.  Stripping the digger I think we have an ideal top for a Springer, just needs some nautical items added, mast, nav lights etc. The crane can be dismantled to be a cargo or the lower half used as a working barge crane. Worth looking for discarded toys for dock-side items too.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #449 on: July 22, 2007, 11:28:41 am »

...and before.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 75   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries.