I agree about reducing throttle but if it has to go too close to neutral then you loose delicate control.
Better to get the props. etc. right so you have control over the full range.
I thought that the 'Moonraker' aerials would get easily broken and be an 'eye' hazzard so I have made them removable by using 2.5 mm. mini plugs and sockets. Easy to just push in and pull out and very secure when in place.
For those of you who have been wondering about the davits I spent 3 weeks trying to make them out of plastic to save weight. Different glues, pins, bolts all failed. They just fell apart as soon as I looked at them.
In the end I went back to brass and soldering. So much quicker soldering and if the angle was not quite right, so easy to make small adjustments.
The first one was made in a week! Despite the fact that there are over 50 parts just in the main assembly.