Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: H.M.S.RAMILLIES BUILD  (Read 42028 times)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
Re: H.M.S.RAMILLIES BUILD
« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2017, 09:58:00 pm »

This second photo, as mentioned is of 5 of the remaining 10 crew we know about,who served in her.
You can just about make out the model behind them.It was so good to hear a few more tales of life aboard.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2017, 10:00:58 pm »

This next photo is a very proud me,standing beside my model.I still admire it myself,and the crew were so thrilled to see it.Once again,I must thank all who helped me get her to this stage,Terry,Colin,and my son Myron.

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #177 on: April 09, 2017, 10:09:37 pm »

lastly some more photos of the model.I have added some figures to it and will be adding quite a few more.There is still a lot of detailing to add,ladders,companionways,rails hatches etc.I do have two of the turrets working in a fashion,in that they do turn,and they do flash and they do bang,but there is a lot of refinement to get that right,as yet.And the final stage will be to put the radio gear in proper,and get her on the water.
It will be a while yet so keep watching this space,and thank all of you for showing such interest,and making some wonderful comments which helped spur me on.
This is a song by Colin Pitts,specially performed for us at a previos reunion.    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma0kzKcs594

Thank You All
Aye
Mick

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!
« Reply #178 on: April 09, 2017, 10:48:22 pm »

And what priceless stories they will have been Mick. I hope that some of their anecdotes have been recorded for history's sake. It is easy to forget that no one gets any younger and that we are already starting to lose all who were at certain events. I read that there are now no survivors of the El Alemain battles living, which surprised me.

Pond weed is your enemy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.