Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freelance Coast Guard Cutter  (Read 2245 times)

freelancer

• Full Mayhemer
Freelance Coast Guard Cutter
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »

A WIP, 39 inch freelance design of a Coast guard cutter,  inspired by the Damen Stan 4207 but much licence taken
GRP hull, styrene superstructure, 1 x 550 motor on 12 volts spinning a 45mm brass prop.

I build numerous superstructures , interchangeable on a single hull,
I design my own superstructures, this one built to 1/48 scale
If you are a rivet counter, do not visit my BLOG, if you enjoy model boats with a difference visit

www.freelanceboats.blogspot.com

Cheers

John in Canada

TugCowboy

Re: Freelance Coast Guard Cutter
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:40:58 am »

That's a really nice design John, great stuff I bet you're very pleased with her.

Alex

freelancer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 04:39:57 pm »

Hi tugcowboy

Thanks for taking the time to comment, YES, I am very pleased with this model. I get tremendous pleasure from
designing my models and that fun continues when i have two supers to sail on the same hull...

I assume you are a tugboat fan...if you have not already seen my friends first build of a legendary Canadian tug, here is his BLOG with lots of photos. YES, this is his first build, Bryon is a master at wood and metal work.

http://bryonsboats.blogspot.com/

Cheers from my dockyard

Norseman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 05:24:54 pm »

HI John

Popped in to your blog - yes I like your designs too and your mates tug is lovely. Quite a few Canadians on here.

If you like 'non rivet counting' work look up Krishna - he turns out varied models every other day by the look.
He recycles all sorts for his boats, plus he also posts up some interesting technical stuff sometimes. I like the guy.

As for rivet counters - I think it's nice to have the experts around for the day I need to know a detail or twenty -
room for everyone here on Mayhem.

Dave

freelancer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:48:02 pm »

Here are photos of the 3 supers built to fit onto my 39 in hull. All 3 are a WIP however it will not be long before they are wet.
For this type of hull, no further designs are anticipated. I am fitting a 12V 3.5 ah SLA battery which should provide 20 minutes of running time, then a change of supers and a freshly charged battery

Cheers from my dockyard
www.freelanceboats.blogspot.com

John

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.