The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Yachts and Sail

Nirvana ll Perhaps the best "ready to sail" RC Yacht for new sailors & old

(1/9) > >>

Boomer:
The Nirvana is as close to a "turn key"or "ready to sail" boat as you are likely to find. Once it arrives, in very short order - no more than 30 minutes you are ready to go sailing. I am not aware of any boat of this or similar size that is as easy to assemble and to transport as the Nirvana ll. It is so well designed, a monkey could assemble one, well that may be overstating it a bit, but my wife can do it! It comes complete with a radio 2.4 ghz radio and receiver. The Nirvana has a carbon fiber mast and booms, comes with durable and functional sails. Like many production boats, a set of custom sails can help this boat achieve it's true potential. (one man's opinion)

The Nirvana does well in light to moderate weather conditions, doesn't draw as much water as some larger boats, and is ideal for first time sailors. It is fun, fast and forgiving. Each time I sell one, I get another one. I actually miss sailing the darned things. They are a handsome yacht - fashioned in the likeness of a racing sloop. It is ruggedly built, but not heavy and with very little maintenance, it will provide years of fun. Another terrific factor is they have terrific resale value.

In contrast to other larger and more expensive boats, a well tuned Nirvana ll, with a good skipper at the sticks, can give many of them a run for their money. One of the more interesting facts about these boats is that they are so well designed they are very simple for a new sailor to master, but complex enough to keep the attention of advanced sailors as well.

Many Nirvana owners add their own refinements to their boats - some for the sake of appearance and others for functionality. They are great right out of the box and really don't need any changes.

Here in the US these boats are very popular with thousands of them being sold over the years. The North American distributor is sailrc.com they also handle Lasers. I am pretty sure they ship world wide so if your interested check out their web site. The Nirvana has it's own "Class One Design Racing" in the AMYA and is a great boat to get you started in club racing. I posted a few photos for you to take a look at.

I have quite of few RC sailboats and continue to enjoy sailing my Nirvana.  :-))

Boomer (Formerly Windchaser before the forums melt down)

Nirvana II Racing Class Sailboat

FEATURES:

Construction: Composite low drag hull design with removable racing keel and ballast bulb

Sails: Constructed of Polyester film that will outlast and out perform all others, the manufacturer states these boats are designed to withstand up to 20 knot (23mph, 37kph) winds, jib features lightweight boom and adjustable clew tension

Mast: Rigid carbon fiber with quick release foot for portability
Keel: Ballast bulb racing style features quick release
Servo: Heavy duty, metal geared sail winch type
Radio Compartment: Self sealing for water tightness
Rudder: Large area, deep water type

SPECS:
Length: 32"
Beam (Width): 7.75"
Height: 64"
Weight: 5.5lbs
Sail Area: 525"
Sailing Speed: 6 knots (7mph, 11kph)
Top Wind Speed: 20 knots (23mph, 37kph)
Radio Range: 1500' (457m)

RC Nirvana
Class One Design Racing Rule (2012 rules from http://sailrcnirvana.com/Racing_Rule.html)

Boomer:
Recently a National Nirvana regatta was held in the southern part of the Unitd States. Sailors came from a wide area of the country to participate. I am having some issues posting the photos, once I get this sorted out I will share some pictures of this event.

Boomer

Boomer:
Here are some photos of the Nirvana National Regatta. As you can see, there was some great racing and good fellowship at the regatta. These are terrific boats and great fun to sail.
It'd be nice to see some interest and activity on the other side of the pond for these extremely popular boats.
Enjoy
Boomer

Boomer:
If you have read the information and are interested in learning more about these boats, please post your questions or comments. These boats are extremely popular here in the U.S. must admit to being surprised that there is not a similar following in the UK or Europe.
Another terrific RC forum based here in the U.S. is rcgroups.com this forum has a significant Sailing section that is very active and covers a very wide range of topics and boats. There is a Nirvana thread that is of the most popular there - it is not limited to discussions on the Nirvana, and is open to just about any topic that those who follow it might be interested in sharing. It has well beyond 265,000 hits and is approaching 8000 posts. Please, take a few minuties to check it out - worth a visit. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=794969&page=513
I enjoy this forum and appreciate the level of craftsmenship some of the builders exhibit here. RC sailing is a terrific hobby and it'd be nice if it were to grow at least to a level near that of RC aircraft  O0
Hope you take time to visit the other forum - enjoy  :-))
Boomer
Event: 2013 Nirvana North American Championship
 Class: Nirvana
 Date: June 21-23, 2013
 Host Club: Ashville & Black Mountain Yacht Clubs

For more information go to the host club website:
 http://blackmountainyachtclub.wordpress.com/

giovanni:
I have a new in the box Nivana II for sale.
I'm going to list it on EBay but was not sure about what price to list it at.
Can someone enlighten me, please.
Thank you,
Giovanni

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version