Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North London Pool Run in September  (Read 2104 times)

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
North London Pool Run in September
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:30:50 pm »

Hello,

Last year I organised a successful fun run for submariners at a site in Hertfordshire, details of which can be seen at the following link-

http://subpirates.com/viewtopic.php?t=562&start=15

I was hoping to run an similar event at the same location this year, but unfortunately the water quality has deteriorated to a condition that is unfit for submarines (probably targets too for that matter), and I don't feel confident that it will improve greatly in the next month or two.

Therefore I've decided to press ahead with a new venue in an open air swimming pool, which is based at Trent Park, Cockfosters.

This swimming pool is in a very nice setting. It's not massive at about 90x30 feet, but should be adequate unless you have a huge sub. The venue is easily accessible by road, being only a few minutes from the M25, and for those using public transport, Oakwood tube station (Piccadilly line) is close by with a bus service running straight to the venue from Oakwood.

Here's a view or two from Google Earth

I can hire the pool for the day, and we will have exclusive use. Cost for hire is about £40 per hour, and I considered 6 hours was a reasonable time.

Clearly as there are costs involved, these need to be recouped. Therefore I have suggested a £10 charge per entrant for those wishing to sail.

No rocket science to guess I need a couple of dozen people to attend in order to break even.

I'd be looking to run the event within the first two weekends of September, on a Sunday.

Anyone here interested?

Andy

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
Re: North London Pool Run in September
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 08:11:27 pm »

Put me down as a definate ;D

AL 1

• Full Mayhemer
Re: North London Pool Run in September
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 08:23:18 pm »

YES I WILL COME
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.