Yes, I'll post some pics soon.
The problem is that my camera is at my ex girlfriends, and I still need to go there to get it back :)
It's still a work in progress, and I haven't been able to complete a lot of tasks.
In the meanwhile I've ordered dr Hahn's Titanic Plans on a 1:150 scale (same scale as the model) to search for any inaccuracies.
Sadly enough, I've found many more. Some of them are very difficult to fix, the risk of damaging the model is immense.
- The (grey) color of the roofs of the boat deck houses is incorrect. This should be dark blue (difficult).
- The roofs of both the starboard and portside parts of the bridge house are now white, they should be grey, just like the wheel house
- The morse lamps on top of the bridge are not modelled the correct way
- The telegraphs inside the wheel house, and the ones on the poop deck are completely gold, their sides should be white (with text)
- The portholes on C deck have been painted white, just like the windows just in front of the aft well deck. They are windows and should look as such. The problem here is the wooden construction right behind them inside the hull. It was my initial idea to drill the portholes, but I am not sure this is safe. I am considering alternative options.
- Some brown stairs miss a white railing
- The lamp on the mast is missing
- One of the coal vents on the poop deck points in the wrong directions
- The deck houses on boat deck don't have the brown wooden railing
- There is a door on the hull positioned at the wrong location. Portside, right below the fore well deck. Correct location would be about an inch to the right, and 1 inch below. This can be fixed, for the rivets and doors etc have been glued on the hull (at least in this section)
Earlier found inaccuracies:
- The capstans on the fore deck and poop deck should have a bronze colored top
- The 2 cranes on the poop deck. The white/brown section of the basis should be entirely white (except for the stairs).
- The 2 masts are yellowish, but must be painted brown.
- Cranes on the aft well deck are not correctly modelled.
- Rigging plan is not correct
- The brown doors on the model should be white
- The (top of the) life boats has the wrong color and misses ropes and names to them
- The top of the compass needs to be altered
- Add a brown bottom to some of the supports for the cranes
- Remove the (dark) glass from the skylights and replace it with transparant plastic
- Lord Kelvin's sounding machines will be built from scratch
- Portholes right below the fore deck and poop deck (C Deck) are painted white
The biggest mistake that Graupner is painting the windows/portholes on C deck white.
If anyone has any suggestion on how to fix this, please tell me.
Painting them black or blueish doesn't give me the natural feel I am looking for.
My initial plan was to drill the windows/portholes, but this will weaken the inside structure of the vessel.
That of course could be fixed by adding a plank to it, but I am not sure this is such a good idea.
The other major difficulty is to change the color of the grey roofs at the foot of the funnels (partially).
There are so many small objects there (of which most can be removed, with some controlled force, I took off the cranes to be able to paint them), but I'm afraid some will get damaged beyond repair.
Hope to post some pics soon!