Right then time to sort out the cock up !
Firstly I have found the fittings I need in a new model shop in Stourport on Severn might have been there years I never knew it existed ! Very very helpful http://www.shop.edirectory.co.uk/model_craze/2408/index/
So thats one sorted ! Now onto putting right the paintwork after hacking the hull about due to my forgetfulness in not fitting a prop shaft and rudder post !
The shaft was mechanically aligned with a 1/8" piece of brass tube fitted into the ends of both couplings on the motor and shaft and marks were made screw the motor down in the correct place . This was trial fitted with just one screw to make sure everything was ok and once happy the other screws were fitted and I am happy to say everything appears to move as it should with no binding or rattling around of the prop shaft
Then with it all in place a mixture of epoxy and micro ballons was prepared and forced into all the gaps around the shaft (this has previously been roughed up to allow a better bond) . On the outside I had applied masking tape all around the edges and over the hole as I didnt want it running through onto the hull surface.
Once dry I turned her over and filled the gaps on the outside and flaired the shaft into the hull with a strange product that I have never used before , it's an epoxy filler that you activate by kneading the 2 parts together for about 10 mins . This was pushed into any remaining gaps and roughly shaped around the shaft . Once dry in about 1 hour it was sanded to shape with 240 grit paper and 2 coats of high build primer applied .
That was yesterday. Today I rubbed back all the primer smooth and also the entire painted surface of the hull with 800 grade wet and dry (used wet) This was then cleaned off and the hull was remasked for a fresh couple of coats of paint . In the pics you will see a fine band of tape around the edge this is 3M fine line tape which creates a knife edge finish and is quite fexible so you can bend it around different shapes .
Then after finishing the masking it was repainted after de greasing and tacking off .
Pheeeew ! Thats that little lot finished (again) .
This will now sit there and harden off fully over the course of the week and the only thing left to do to the exterior paintwork is to paint a thin white stripe along the waterline and then spray the clearcoat !
anyway enough waffle some pics ............