Right enough faffing about with the dolls ! Time to fit the electrics .
After a bit of trial and error I decided where I was going to place all the various bits and various tables were made up to keep them off the hull in case of water ingress. The tables were waterproofed and when dry epoxied into their respective positions. Then using velco straps they were all positioned into their final place . I had to make an extension lead up as the cable wasnt long enough to run from the ESC to the RX but That was about the only problem I encountered .
Then was the moment of truth . Would it or wouldnt it ?
Yes it ran well after I set up the ESC and apart from everything running backwards inc rudder it was all fine .So servoes reveresd on the TX and it runing as sweet as I think it should (having nothing to reference it to)
There is a Very small squeekwhen the shaft is running slowly but as I havent greased it yet its just metal on metal noise . This should dissapear once greased.
Next up after I put the lid on it was time to start on the deck fittings so I plumped for the hardest one first , the windshields. I dreaded drilling the deck and it was a definate case of measure 5 times drill once !
Holes were drilled then the plexiglass sheet they sent was cut to shape on the bandsaw and bench sander and I ended up with 2 identical screens .
I then spent an hour ripping the workshop apart to find the length of chromed c section to make the frames out of which "supposedly" comes in the kit ! NOT!
I think to myself dont worry do something else I can always buy a small length from LHS tomorrow. So I turn the page and there is a paragraph saying they dont use the c section anymore its self adhesive aluminium foil instead !
So thats cut and fitted and now the screens are bonding to their frames untill tomorrow.
Phew ! A good day