Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Action mixers  (Read 4334 times)

bbdave

• Full Mayhemer
Action mixers
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:44:16 pm »

I have had a look at actions site and i'm not sure what i need. What i would like to do is twin motors on one stick as i steer one slows (I know they do this controller) but when the boats stationary and i push rudder hard over one reverses and one forwards is this possible? or is it just easier to use twin esc and two sticks?

Dave

gribeauval

• Full Mayhemer
  • Tidy Bench -Tidy Mind, Messy Bench - BUSY!!
Re: Action mixers
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:12:20 pm »

That's exactly what the action mixer does.  :-))

I can spin lifeboats on their central axis with just the rudder.

Mike
True Lifeboat Nutter!!

debssnal

• Full Mayhemer
    • http://www.ateamboatyard.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »

Hi i use Mtronics v tail mixers.
They work with brushless,and they are also only £17.00

Alan

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »

Action P94 does that - good gear as well.

Ring em up, Dave doesnt bite - usually - unless you call out of hours!!

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

bbdave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 05:18:56 pm »

I was looking at the P94 as it seems good value for two controllers and a mixer

Dave

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 05:38:03 pm »

P94 excellent bit of kit, I have four.

Speak to Dave, he'll get you sorted, stick to his opening hours though.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:29 pm »

I second Dicky, I have 3 & Dave is ALWAYS to help, but don't dare ring him after hours or you may loose your head. Mick B.
Mick B.

jenno

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:50:36 pm »

Go down the mtroniks road, works every time

Watching this forum you'd think there's only one supplier.

Jenno.

riggers24

• Full Mayhemer
  • Just full of stupid questions
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 08:17:06 pm »

Go down the mtroniks road, works every time

Watching this forum you'd think there's only one supplier.

Jenno.
Yes there is other suppliers out there but which one has the service that ACTion offer and knowing everything has been 100% tested. I know who will be getting my money.
I will finish the crash tender someday - Still got tooo many toys to play with

Bob K

• Bob K
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:27:31 pm »

I now have three P94's, and have become a 'convert'.  Beats the heck out of getting two ESC's to work exactly in unison then figure out mixing as an afterthought.  Simplest set up ever.  Turns a long thin warship within its own length on just rudder and single stick throttle.   :-))  :-))
HMS Skirmisher (1905), HMS Amazon (1906), HMS K9 (1915), Type 212A (2002), HMS Polyphemus (1881), Descartes (1897), Iggle Piggle boat (CBBC), HMS Royal Marine (1943), HMS Marshall Soult, HMS Agincourt (1912)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 12:00:54 am »

Topic cleaned up.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 07:07:02 am »

I know there are other mixers, but I fully endorse comments made by other posters regarding he quality of the ACTion gear. I have a P94 in my Armidale class patrol boat and it will also spin on its own axis using just the rudder, and it's over 1140mm long. Dave is extremely helpful, and also will provide a beautifully done circuit diagram to suit your application, should you buy one of his units.

Peter.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 08:25:59 pm »

Hi Jenno, I like my ACTion stuff because it does what it was made for very well, I get the best service anybody has a right to expect & when I needed a wiring diagram Dave supplied me with one in less than 24 hours. Model boat equipment is like cars, A Hundai  will never be a Porsche or a Nissan an Audi or for that matter a Honda will never be an Mercedes. I know this because that is my profession & I can point out the differences. The same goes for Model Boat electronics, with Action my P94 will run both motors & also act as a mixer, to do the same with other electronic components I would require 3 separate units, from this the reason I picked the P94 should be obvious. We are all free to buy what we consider the best bang for our buck & on that note I am sure we can all agree. All cars have shocks, I recommend Koni's to my customers, WHY ? you might ask,  because in the 49 years I have worked on cars I have NEVER had to replace a Koni shock on a customers car,which is not the case with any other brand that I have fitted, that is reason good enough for me to recommend them to anybody.  Mick B. 
Mick B.

Stavros

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 08:54:06 pm »

Mick B cant agree more with what you have just said,I have been using ACTion products in my boats for well over 6 years now and have NEVER had one let me down,YES i have blown some up DUE TO WELSH ELECTRICITY(private joke with Dave and Me)....in other words I got it wrong !!!!!!!!!!
They simply do as it states on the box so to speak,I have had other makes of ESC's burn out and had feeble excuses off the manufacturer that I have invalidated the warranty by fitting different connectors to theirs,and such excuses as OH it is your Battery thats not fully charged ...thats why it wont go into reverse etc etc etc,Does Dave give you and excuse if suddenly one of his controllers goes up in smoke,NO .
As for a fellow Mayhemer stating reading this forum there seems to be only  one UK supplier HA thats all Ill say except

Fit ACTion and forget the rest...........WHY you know it makes sense........WHY cos it will work..................WHY ACTion.......well it is BRIISH and none of this Chinese mass produced rubbish that is being sold out there at the moment

I have NO connection with Dave at ACTion except for one..........I spend all my money with him and keep him in the manner he is accustomed to

Dave

PS Dave Mr ACTion Man.......hurry up and get some BRUSHLESS esc sorted will you

6705russell

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »

I think people like to use things that they are used to, each to there own.  Personally I think Actions gear is excellent but yes there are cheaper options out there on the market if people are building to a tight budget...

Russ

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 09:53:16 pm »

As Russ says " each to their own ",
Dave you did,nt say what motors and voltage you are thinking of using in your boat.
 The cost of 2,20amp Mtronics ESC and a mixer, is a fraction cheaper than Actions P94
but the esc will only work up to 12v,
where as Actions P94 is rated with 2, 20 amp esc and a mixer in 1 unit, which will run from 6 - 24v.
 john

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 06:21:35 pm »

I do not buy on a loyalty system, either the item purchased will do & perform as advertised or I will not use it. I do have, even if I say so myself a lot of experience in purchasing parts & shop supplies over many years & when my shop was working to full capacity( now semi retired for health reasons) that sometimes amounted to purchases in excess of $400,000.00 in one year, most of which was from U/K suppliers. Service varied from very good to dismal. I tend to compare ACTions performance & quality against this background & they are right @ the top. I do not get a discount or am I paid to say these nice things about ACTion.(I wish). In fact Dave calls a spade a shovel in no uncertain terms if pushed & I have no problem with that. In general people are much faster to knock a company's performance than to praise the same company if they do things well or sell high quality well made items, I guess that is human nature. A word of warning here, if you shop by price alone you will get roasted sooner rather than later & this is speaking from experience. Mick B.
Mick B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.