Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrade help wanted  (Read 12816 times)

hooknplay

• Shipmate
upgrade help wanted
« on: July 04, 2012, 09:50:22 pm »

How would i go about upgrading this bait boat to 2.4Ghz. Its the Angling Technics standard baitboat

or

Simple give it a Good service to increase the range which is only 40m, it should be a lot more.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: upgrade help wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:06:03 pm »

You would need to get rid of all the electronics and start from scratch.
Radio set
2 x Speed controllers
If no rudders possibly a mixer to allow throttles from 1 stick and rudder on another.
If the performance is adequate then motors ok.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

hooknplay

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 10:24:01 pm »

thanks for the help, it uses 3 bilge pumps 2forward, 1reverse. when i opened it up i was hoping to find it nice and simple but the guys at angling technics had other ideas.

the hopper release system is not what i was expecting. I guess I could come up with a way to fit my own system. I'll just try and get the range sorted for now.

do you have any advice as how to get the range where it should be. it uses the acoms 27ghz.

thanks, karl.

Stavros

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:25:16 pm »

Right much as I hate to do this but Bob you are slightly wrong in what you are saying,I would have said that it is an Angling technics Bait boat if I am not mistaken and it has 3 propulsion pumps in it so what he needs is an ACTion p94 combined Mixer and speed controller for the 2 main pumps 1 x ACTion P80 speed controller 1x ACTion p92 power dist board and I presume form the photos it only has 1 hopper you will need 1 x Futaba 3003 servo to allow the hopper to open,obviously if it has 2 hoppers then it will need 2 servos.And without stating the obvious a 2.4 ghz Transmitter and receiver.

Yes I fully agree there are cheaper alternatives out there in the electronics field BUT it is Quality that you want.Either way you will need 3 speed controllers whatever way you do it.Those pumps will NOT work in reverse and that is why you need the 3 speed controllers.I have converted and repaired more of these bait boats than I care to admit to,usually range is not an issue with these Bait boats unless of course it is a cheap copy.

Dave

Stavros

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29:29 pm »

just seen your last posting MMM have you got any local boating clubs near you,where are you from,reason behind htis thinking is if you take your Transmitter down to the lake hopefully someone will be on 27mhz and they can try your tramsmitter on their boat,this will tell you straight away if your is faulty or not.If yours is then a simple call to Howes Models in Oxford who will sell you one sub Tenner,if yours has a decent range then the problem is in the boat and you have two options...send it back for a full servoce or bite the bullet and do it yourself as suggested

Dave

hooknplay

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 10:30:46 pm »

Thanks for the shopping list, now can i have the Instructions  :-))

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 10:37:48 pm »

How is it steered, by power difference on the water jets.
If so a third speed controller would be required so an ACTion mixer would be the best option.
Instructions/wiring diagrams on ACTion website.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

hooknplay

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 10:42:08 pm »

Thanks guys, guess i've got a new hobby.

Stavros

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:54 pm »

Hi Bob those are steered as you have said by altering the voltage to each pump in a similar way to the ACTion mixer,but one pump will not be going into reverse,the pumps are powerfull enouhg to spin the bait boat on it's own axis,the 3 rd pump is for reverse.

Instructions are simple when using the ACTion equipement just ask Dave....the owner to make a wireing diagram and he will do it free of charge for you .

This is an example

http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/Bait%20Boat%20Version%202%20.pdf

Dave

ACTion

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 10:43:54 am »

(Aha!! Found it!)
Have a look at my latest posting under "Bait Boats".
Dave M

bj

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 03:26:12 pm »

Thanks guys, guess i've got a new hobby.

Not sure about your "passport" picture!

BJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.