Mess Deck: General Section > Other Hobbies and Interests

Tamiya Trucks and Trailers

(1/110) > >>

Tug-Kenny RIP:

My other hobby is making these expensive toys.

The Tamiya truck is a kit supplied to enable you to completely build a Truck without buying any thing else to finish it.  (unlike model boats !!)

This is my third truck in the series and I find them quite enjoyable to construct. The Trailers are priced a bit over the top so I have scratch built a Box trailer which fits over the chassis of their flat bed trailer.  That way, I have two for the price of one.  Here's a few pictures to give you the idea.

Tug-Kenny RIP:

Here's the trailers.  The large box goes over the flat bed trailer so that it utilises the running section.

Tug-Kenny RIP:

Here's the scratch build trailer now with doors fitted. Just a respray required and wire up the 50 lights or so.  :}

Martin (Admin):

What are the sound units like for trucks?
 Could they be utilised for boats?

Tug-Kenny RIP:

Quite something Martin.  £350 worth of clever digitising.

It is programmed with the complete sound effects of a truck, and there is no way of altering it. The timed sequences are out of this world and it's all automatic. One movement of the joystick starts a chain of reactions. The unit even shakes the cabin to simulatate cab vibrations.

For a demonstration on the Multi processor unit, may I recommend the YouTube films which guys have submitted.  Made me smile, I can tell you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3KG0CzTEsI&feature=related

cheers

ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version