Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Seen on EBAY - Worth a Look?  (Read 170627 times)

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: Re: Seen on EBAY - Worth a Look?
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 02:14:59 AM »

Ebay:  Schnellboot  P6129

wooden plank on frame purchased about
7 years ago with all good intentions but here we are today no further forward.
It comes with 4 brand new Vision 400 electric motors, mounts, stand and rudder servo
Length is 46 inches.
Sorry but collection only due to its size.
( Possible free delivery up to 25 miles. )

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-control-German-motor-torpedo-boat/112967140478?hash=item1a4d5dc47e:g:S-EAAOSwodpa5FbS

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!"    -   Mayhem FaceBook Group!

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Re: Stuff on Ebay.... Perhaps not such a bargain...?
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »

Hi all, have alook at this, but not sure if it will come up as it is now withdrawn

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-Controlled-Kit-Scratch-built-Model-Boats-Model-Railway-Die-Cast-Dinky-/112974808704?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=j%252FFmNIr6jxo9TUFTV7BlcTlSk8Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

There was a bid on this and after looking at it I asked the seller what I might be bidding on, there's about a dozen model boats on view.  i got a response rather more than expected saying there was an auction elsewhere.

2 days later I got a part threatening warning from ebay  about my trading on ebay!

After contacting ebay they apologised to me, but the other guy is being naughty!
regards Roy

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2018, 05:40:15 PM »

Hi all, have alook at this, but not sure if it will come up as it is now withdrawn

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radio-Controlled-Kit-Scratch-built-Model-Boats-Model-Railway-Die-Cast-Dinky-/112974808704?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=j%252FFmNIr6jxo9TUFTV7BlcTlSk8Y%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

There was a bid on this and after looking at it I asked the seller what I might be bidding on, there's about a dozen model boats on view.  i got a response rather more than expected saying there was an auction elsewhere.

2 days later I got a part threatening warning from ebay  about my trading on ebay!

After contacting ebay they apologised to me, but the other guy is being naughty!
regards Roy
I think from reading the original add, a few days ago  the 3 quid start price was for registration to become a bidder at the auction and also  for a catalogue..........although I have never seen one advertised on eBay before it is quite common for auction houses to charge for registration and catalogue, in that way, should you bid and win, they sneakily keep your card details and charge you for the goods won whether you pick them up or not.

also eBay are not joking..........I offered to pay a cash price for something if I picked up personally.........only in st annes.........and got banned for 2 weeks for trying to deal off site..................so not only mayhem I get banned from lol.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
  • Build em, and play hard..
  • Location: Everywhere, But Nowhere !! But mainly in England....
    • Runcorn & District Scale Model Boats
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2018, 06:39:57 PM »

Never heard of them and they are only up the Road !!

And it looks like you can view on the site anyway..

www.warringtonauctions.co.uk/

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »

Hi all, subsequently I received a satisfaction survey from ebay.  At the end I was asked did I get my problem resolved, there was an option of I am not sure.  When asked I said what happens next time when I ask a question and you, ebay, do not like the answer.  Do I get another threat/ warning email?
regards Roy

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »

Fairey Huntsman 31 RC Remote Controlled Model Boat - Buy-it-now = 595.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fairey-Huntsman-31-RC-Remote-Controlled-Model-Boat/282925056893?hash=item41dfa5c37d:g:VoIAAOSwnc1a0i7s

Must have been owned by the queen!

Now only 575.00  !!

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »

Now only 575.00  !!

so how would you price up one of your builds tlb...........he's probably very proud of his.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2018, 05:25:48 PM »

so how would you price up one of your builds tlb...........he's probably very proud of his.

Realistically..As have seen far better, and better setup  for less, but good luck to the seller. I have no issues with what people want to charge..

Klunk

• Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2018, 06:31:46 AM »

i get tired of people phoning me saying they want to sell their deceased partners boats, i arrive, ask them what they want me to do with them. sell them is the most obvious answer. then they they start on about that they have been on ebay checking the prices out and telling me how much they want for each boat they have. one recently had a micro magic. early version where the white hull had gone yellow, grotty dirty sails no radio gear, mast and boom both bent. was told she saw one on fleabay for 400 so they thought 300 was a fair price. when i pointed out and showed them i could pick up a brand new one for 150 they were not happy.  then I was asked to do it up and put a radio in it at my expense then sell it! ludicrous.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
WARWICK IS AROUND THE CORNER........WHO IS UP FOR TRICKS ON PHIL?

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2018, 06:16:12 PM »

Realistically..As have seen far better, and better setup  for less, but good luck to the seller. I have no issues with what people want to charge..

he'll probably never get that amount, but who are we to criticise him for asking top dollar.....I do the same with my lifeboats............someone sometimes bites.............and if not I have them to look at and sail when I can get off my fat backside and take to the lake.........which isn't that often these days.

TheLongBuild

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2018, 06:52:07 PM »

he'll probably never get that amount, but who are we to criticise him for asking top dollar.....I do the same with my lifeboats............someone sometimes bites.............and if not I have them to look at and sail when I can get off my fat backside and take to the lake.........which isn't that often these days.

:-))

Jonty

• Full Mayhemer
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life;
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps 'em on the knife.

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 05:06:27 PM »

Hi All, there is a Bassett lowke 1466 Marine electric motor as the drive unit.  A nice one of those went for around 200 on ebay a year ago.  I have one in use now and it runs very nicely in my Sea Jay copy.  It would chug along but no great speed, I think it is a motor gun boat not ASRL.  The mighty midget was used in several different rudder actuators, but nice to see.
regrds Roy

Howard

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2018, 05:36:10 PM »

Timbo,
 What did you pay as it was up to just under 50 the other night yes I still think its cheap but putting it up from 42  over night   thought he was taking the mick so will wait.
           Regards Howard.

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2018, 12:42:38 AM »

That is one UGLY S O B , they must have been smokin' good stuff in those day's  :-X
Bill

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2018, 01:49:26 PM »

I must say, I love unusual ships, and that is unusual.... and I like that one.....remember seeing the plans of it in one of the model magazines some years ago, and liked it then. O0 O0 :-))

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2018, 01:59:33 PM »

Me too, might have to have a serious think. O0

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2018, 05:10:44 PM »

... it must need two or three hundredweight of lead to get that down to the waterline!

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »

Hi there are 2 sets of plans available for the Monitor.  One is a very simple one and the other I think from David Metcalf and was spread over several magazine issues.  The wide excrescence (for buoyancy) around the ship is at water level so that it was an early (1915) shallow draft  'Litoral' ship used for shore bombardment.  The class can differ with the numbers depending which big gun was available and I think they were 7000 tons or so and travelled very slowly about 7 knots.  If anyone has better knowledge feel free to correct me.

regards Roy

jaymac

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2018, 12:46:16 PM »

Don't see Deans  ''Blue Leopard' very often

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323298848881?ul_noapp=true

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2018, 12:57:26 PM »

Don't see Deans  ''Blue Leopard' very often

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323298848881?ul_noapp=true

Ooooooooh, if EVER there was a model yacht I lusted after it was a 'Blue Leopard'!

Unfortunately there's some legal reason why the kit can't be produced now, but I can still dream I guess.
Regards
Kit

roycv

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2018, 01:22:41 PM »

Hi I remember talking to Mr. Dean when the kit first came out.  I think the design is by Camper and Nicholson and he said that he was allowed only to produce the hull as per their drawings.  I think the same was true for Dufresne and Melita. Mostly model yacht hulls have their displacement adjusted to compensate for the scale.  Apparently C & N would not allow this.
Several years before Deans were involved I contacted C & N and asked if I could buy / have drawings to build one Blue leopard model boat.  I had come across the boat as featured in Yachting Monthly magazine. The cost was more than I earned in a week and that allowed me to build only one model, so I did not follow it through.
Although full size yachting magazines sometimes show hull lines these are rarely the finished product, just an idea of the layout etc.
The problem was to get a greater displacement into the model hull and Deans have done this by making a very fat keel fin.
Maybe it would have been kitted differently now but there was a very large transparent panel that screwed down to seal the insides almost like a submarine
This kit is not a very easy kit to build, I looked and decided against it and there are not many completed ones.  I spoke to one builder at Pangbourne model boat weekend and he said "never again".  However Mr. Dean was there and I asked if I could sail the Blue Leopard he had on his stand and he gave me the Tx and I sailed her, she went very well and of course is most impressive on the water.

regards Roy

KitS

• Full Mayhemer
  • Getting back into the hobby after years adrift...
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »

That explains a lot, thanks Roy.

Now you mention it I can see the clear plastic cover in some of the pics lower down in the link.

That Sprengbrook Precision Tx REALLY dates it too!  :o
Regards
Kit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up