Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: crash tender (Fireboat) refurb and brushless conversion start to finish project!  (Read 53245 times)

colin-stevens

• Full Mayhemer

Thanks for that. Given me some ball park figures. Still trying to decide what I want to build. Got to be something I am in with a chance of finishing, or her in dorrs will go berserk. She really doesn't get it.
grumpy old XXX

ballastanksian

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem inspires me!

Cracking build there and an interesting read as regards the trials and tribulations of all things electrical. I hope she gives you no more trouble.
Pond weed is your enemy

boaterjim

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!

Brill, thanks for confessing your trials and tribulations, a story well told to us that are so inexperienced
loverly build
happy new year to you all
Jim

red181

• Full Mayhemer

Blew the dust off this afternoon, first time out of the box in two years (I think!) Boat was fine, I had forgotten at speed I had set dual rates and expo on the rudder, turns improved when I remembered, batteries didn't do so well, and these are used regularly in another application, but a high amp draw such as this boat shows they are weak, its only using 1/2 throttle and you can hear the low voltage alarms going off! :((

need a bigger lake next time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZBC-0EqjuA

imsinking

• Full Mayhemer

Goes well . . . hope your washing down with clean water afterward & before storing , Hoylake's pool tends to get a lot of salt water in the winter .
Bill

red181

• Full Mayhemer

forgot about that Bill, it started to rain also! I wiped it down, but Ill check again today. I was going to go to Gautby, but strangely it was a lot windier there, and I was in the "kids coming out of school" time zone, so didn't want to get into that :-X

I tested a few batteries, it was easier to do in the boat than in a model plane! looks like I need to buy some,  :((

Water looks great with that additive, pity that central box cant be removed now I always thought it spoilt the lake

I see the shelter roof has now gone, shame about that
Paul
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.