Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello All, I'm a newbie  (Read 1663 times)

Gopher

• Full Mayhemer
Hello All, I'm a newbie
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:44:36 pm »

I thought it was time to introduce myself, I would have done it sooner only my ISP threw the email into the spam folder, My name is Mick and I live north of Nottingham, I always wanted to get into RC boats and after 30 years of wedded bliss and 4 kids I have finally done it, but I must confess I haven't built the boats but inherited them 2 X 42" Tid tugs and a smaller yacht, so I am on a very fast learning curve, there will be a lot of help needed in the future, I have managed to get them all running as they hadn't been used for quite a few years and the batteries were shot, now they are working I want to try and restore them to there former glory. Mick

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Hello All, I'm a newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:26 pm »

welcome aboard  :-))
how bad are they as its amazing what a lick of paint will do to rejuvinate older models

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:02:00 pm »

I thought it was time to introduce myself, I would have done it sooner only my ISP threw the email into the spam folder, My name is Mick and I live north of Nottingham, I always wanted to get into RC boats and after 30 years of wedded bliss and 4 kids I have finally done it, but I must confess I haven't built the boats but inherited them 2 X 42" Tid tugs and a smaller yacht, so I am on a very fast learning curve, there will be a lot of help needed in the future, I have managed to get them all running as they hadn't been used for quite a few years and the batteries were shot, now they are working I want to try and restore them to there former glory. Mick
Hi Mick, welcome aboard, if you are not already a member there is a very good club at Nottingham, web address www.nottinghammodelboatclub.freehostia.com
BMPRS are holding an Offshore race at Colwick Park Nottingham in a couple of weeks, why not pop along an see us, check out our website at www.bmprs.co.uk.

Cheers
Scoop
BMPRS Secretary/Pro www.bmprs.co.uk
PS. There ain't no going back

Gopher

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 10:48:29 am »

As you can see from the pictures the first one is in need of a paint job the second one is that bad yet, my brother in law is big into the plastic models and is very good at the weathered effect so he is giving me a crash course on how to achieve this, I have now got all the lights working in both models and the smoker in the second, wife was not impressed with the smell of burning baby oil in the house.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »

Hello mick,welcome to mbm,there will be plenty of people around to help out.Martin (grantham)

Rottweiler

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:55:34 pm »

Hi Mick,
welcome aboard!
Just a suggestion that you add something on to your name,as there are a lot of Mick's on here,including me! I am Mick F, and irishcarguy is Mick B.
might make it a bit easier for us all.
cheers,
Mick F

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.