Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spalding Area model boat club  (Read 3485 times)

modboat

• Full Mayhemer
Spalding Area model boat club
« on: October 07, 2012, 09:35:01 am »

Hi All
I am contimplating starting to build model boats again after a 8 year break. I was very hard at work earning the pennies and left little time to play. However I now run a successfull business and my sons are older. Hence taking it a little easier. I was in boston boat club and it was great, very friendly and nothing too much trouble. I would return without hesitation but would prefer somthing in the spalding area. Does anyone know if they still have a model boat club. I think there is also one at long sutton any ideas chaps???? I am also looking to purchase unbuilt models so will have a look on here for sales etc, but if anyone has anyting of interest, I am interested.
Modboat

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: Spalding Area model boat club
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 06:02:56 pm »

All i can say is i know boston club is still going,as for spalding or kings lynn i think they are "no more" unless someone comes up with something.baloo

scoop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 06:23:43 pm »

Hi All
I am contimplating starting to build model boats again after a 8 year break. I was very hard at work earning the pennies and left little time to play. However I now run a successfull business and my sons are older. Hence taking it a little easier. I was in boston boat club and it was great, very friendly and nothing too much trouble. I would return without hesitation but would prefer somthing in the spalding area. Does anyone know if they still have a model boat club. I think there is also one at long sutton any ideas chaps???? I am also looking to purchase unbuilt models so will have a look on here for sales etc, but if anyone has anyting of interest, I am interested.
Modboat
What sort of model boat(s) are you looking to build, scale, sail, steam, power ?
BMPRS Secretary/Pro www.bmprs.co.uk
PS. There ain't no going back

modboat

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:51:15 pm »

Hi Gents
Thanks for the reply to post's.
I was looking at taking up scale, previously I had drumbeat of devon, ann letita russell, danny boy etc. However I have just purchased a Amerigo Vespucci by Mantua as a static.
This is due to the winter months approaching and I wanted to get started, have got the keel and ribs laid and about to start planking. Scale is 1:100 and I may post some pics but all going ok at present.

scout

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:18:46 am »

I belive the Spalding club meet on Sundays behind the NFU offices in Springfields   If not          The Kingfishers Model Boat Club meet in Sutton Bridge and have the use of a lake in Long Sutton and one in Sutton Bridge have a look at our web site www.thekingfishersmodelboatclub.clubbz.com if I can help any more let me know Yours Scout
Try sitting on the fence while keeping your ear to the ground
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.