Model Boat Mayhem - Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battleship Richelieu 1943 Version 1/100 scale  (Read 2191 times)

Richelieu

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Battleship Richelieu 1943 Version 1/100 scale
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2018, 05:29:36 PM »

Hello,
I managed to cast all the skiffs,

including the dinghys for which I used bi-composant RTV putty (having run out of proper liquid RTV) to make the mold.
Next comes the hard part, making the decks and superstructure out of styrene. There is not a single straight line on these Richelieu's skiffs... >>:-(

Anyhow, I got the decks on. One nice thing about moulded part is that once you've made a Template for each type of skiff (there are 3) the decks fits nicely (no need for custom parts for each one of them).

Cheers

Serge
Suave, mari magno turbantibus aequora ventis, E terra magnum alterius spectare laborem(Lucrece: De Natura Rerum)

Richelieu

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Battleship Richelieu 1943 Version 1/100 scale
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »

Hello,
no, in case someone was wondering, I haven't been inactive... I fact, I have been working on those bleeming skiff's superstructure to the point that I got the felling of having intercourse with flies (pardon my French). Just to show the level of frustration. >:-o
What a pity, at this stage of the build having to go into such levels of détails. At least, a Richelieu 15" turret, it's simple, it's massive, it make sense. These? The sheer number of skiffs just show the level of confidence headquaters had after our friends across the pond had finished tinkering with it!
Anyhow, here are the superstructures with their windshields:

made some little 3mm propellers and some little steps (all that's missing is a bunch of 1/100 scaled idiots). <*<

I even manufactured some little steering wheels and seats, just in case the guys want to do some water skiing once the war is over and the ship has been sunk. :police:

In fact, I even had to work one of the decks free with a cutter blade so that I'll be able to fit them in...

In short, a complete nightmare.

Cheers

Serge
Suave, mari magno turbantibus aequora ventis, E terra magnum alterius spectare laborem(Lucrece: De Natura Rerum)

Richelieu

• Full Mayhemer
More boats to make....
« Reply #52 on: Today at 02:39:31 PM »

Hello,
I made some progress on the skiffs and escape boats.

Here is the state of Richelieu's  "Fleet"

composed of 5 launches, 2 large escape boats and 2 dinghys which equals to a total of 9 according to the Polish plans I have.
Only there is a big problem  >>:-( . Indeed I dug up a naval monography from "LOS" magazine of the ship in '43 and it's 15 I need, not 9:

Here is the detail:
  • 5 Launches of 2 types
  • 4 large escape boats
  • 4 dinghys
  • 2 average size escape boat
I got no molds nor plans for the average sized boats, but I'll just modify one of the launches hull.
In any case, I got to make some new prints.... :((

a+

Serge
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up