Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Channel ferrys advice  (Read 3203 times)

Blaven03

• Full Mayhemer
Channel ferrys advice
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:54:06 am »

Hi.
I'm on the hunt for a ferry hull I can start a build, if any1 has any info on where I can buy one with plans that would be great, I know deans marine have a few bits and bobs bt not the style looking for, there's to German websites allso but one is far to expensive for me as a relative beginner, the othere g Schmidt modellbau has I nice hull but I'm unsure how to order as I didn't pay attention to my German classes in school :(( .  Or even if I'm luck enough som1 has a hull for sale, thanks. Any advice, info or directions would really help, thanks blaven03

Capt Podge

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Channel ferrys advice
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 03:56:46 pm »

When you search on google for g schmitt modellbau you will see on the "hits" there is a "translate this page" facility - just click on that and, hey presto, the translation is all done for you - good luck with your search  :-))

Regards,

Ray.

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 06:08:02 pm »

Hi And welcome to the forum.
g schmitt modellbau do a 1:100 hull of the Sprit of free enterprise. It is very expensive 175 euro for what you get and it is inaccurate. here are some photos of the hull. I was up for getting it and then was sent these photos and backed out. That shope is a nightmare to deal with. It took 8 email in GERMAN to get an answer out of them. If you need and help just ask and I will see waht I can do.
There is another Germany company that does Superfast Hull at 1:100 which is the same hull as the Ex Sea France Molier  http://www.steinhagen-modelltechnik.de/  Dont know the price but it is not cheep. A friend tryed to deal with this company but had no joy.

What ferry do you have in mind?

john

Blaven03

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 07:37:50 pm »

Hi,
Aye ray I'm having difficulty translating the page, when I open the website it's in English, but I click on the model option and it's bk in German, so can't do anything.

Thanks John for the info, em Are you sure that's the right hull, because it looks a totally different vessel, mayb the fast vessel that you can buy the super structure with as well if you know the one I mean, cause that is not the Spirt surely, and you are right, the quality looks below average. And in regards to the other web site, I have read snippets of info that hulls range for £900 to £1000 so that is out of the question. I'd just like to do a passenger ferry, similar to channel ferrys or even mcbraynes, im not fussy but doesn't seem like there's much, iv Neva done plank on frame and wouldn't even know where to start with making my own hull. Cheers Dj

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »

Hi
The photo are of the Sprit of free enterprise. It still need its ,skeg,belting.bow rudder,bow doors,stern doors, bow + stern link span landing platfors etc etc. The basic is there but needs alot of work. He said I could have it for if I rember correctly 145 euro. To me thats to much conserding 1 how much work is required on the hull 2 there is a problem with the hull on the bow and stern.
I seam to rember the Superfast hull was about 250 euro If I rember correctly. I can try and find out if you want me to but it might take some time. Use google translate to translate from German.
Both these hull have no supperstructer. Planes for superfast are hard to get but planes for the Sprit are out there.
Carl on here is making a kit of Townsend Thoresen Free enterprise v
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=28467.135
There are plans for st cloumba .
There is very little out there sorry to say other than what deans has to offer but that is more Frieght RORO.
John

Blaven03

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:45 pm »

Hi
God it need a lot of work, I thought it was a totally different ship, I willnt be getting that then, not the quality was looking, but the soup fast would be ideal, but I've read the hulls from http://www.steinhagen-modelltechnik.de/  are around £900 to a grand, I'd be interested for 250 I think, cause there's not much out there and it look a good quality , And thanks for showing me the Carl feed, that looks a great prospect.
Cheers Dj

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 05:40:49 am »

the 1000 euro is for a compleat kit which he does not offer for Superfast XI it is hull only. I will see if I can find a price.

John

Blaven03

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 08:40:17 am »

Ok, that would be an excellent help, thanks a lot.
Cheers Dj

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 04:01:18 pm »

Sent them an email
may take a few days for a reply will let you know soon as I get an info.

John

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 09:03:36 pm »

Not Channel Ferry but a "Cruise Ferry" as seen on Baltic routes,  I feel like the child in the photo.   Next on the wish list.
..well can you land on this?

Blaven03

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 09:08:23 pm »

Thank you very much, that's superb, so hopefully good news back, thank you.
Do you know if it comes with plans, not a big prob if it doesn't...
Cheers Dj

Blaven03

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

Cracking model, be difficult to make working model with the height and shallow draft.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 09:40:09 pm »

You are right, but I`m not averse to a little cheating with waterlines and such. %)
..well can you land on this?

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »

Silja Europa biggest in Silja fleet. got a 1:1250 model of her.

john

cos918

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »

Hi There
Guess what no reply from that German shop suprise suprise,this seams to be the norm. I will wait a week then resend the email and see what happens .

John

wartsilaone

• Ferry Small Ships
  • Full Mayhemer
  • It was like that when I got here!
    • Ferry Small Ships
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 09:41:54 pm »

You are right, but I`m not averse to a little cheating with waterlines and such. %)

It is definitely worth fleshing the underwater section of the hull when building ships like this in scale. The stability of the model is greatly increased because you have to add more ballast to counter the extra displacement. I would not want to take a model this high out of the water to the lake in anything more than 3 knots of wind. In fact I'd be careful in case someone farted.

Ali     
ferrysmallships.moonfriut.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.