Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kgs komet deans marine  (Read 2004 times)

funnel

• Full Mayhemer
kgs komet deans marine
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:42:16 am »

Having noted a number of old comments about this steam yacht I would like to report that I have almost finished building this model which had been someone's unfinished project.
Last weekend I took the boat to our local large pond for its first sea trial.
A couple of friends who have built a number of boats were there.
This is my first build of a boat by the way.
I place d the boat on the water and she sat level to the waterline and there was not the slightest liste! She looked great and others were amazed at the fact nothing needed to be adjusted apart from setting the rx to change direction of the motors.

I must say that I was quite chuffed sewing the success of the build. The boat was totally controllable and stable at all speeds and on the turn. The bow wave is very impressive.

So very pleased. Having been initially downcast having read some of the  comnents posted

Lash151

• Full Mayhemer
Re: kgs komet deans marine
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 07:27:03 am »

Sounds good... Do you have any pictures?
Lee

funnel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:55:20 pm »

Hello Lee
Alas I only have a couple of photos and a video clip in my phone at present.
However I may post those if I can or will when take launch pictures when boat is total ly finished.
Are you building or have you built this boat?
Stuart

PS
Just tried to add photo but to large apparently and I cannot see how to create and save a reduced file size version

funnel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 08:59:22 pm »

Lee you can always email me

Ukip
Dot
Sjt
At g
Maildot
Com

Lash151

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:07:42 pm »

Hi Stuart...
No I haven't built this boat, I am always interested to see pictures of builds though.
Lee

funnel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 01:13:58 am »

Thinking of adjusting the water line prompted me to double check where it ought to be.
The answer I received did not inspire confidence and so I searched online for plans. After about one month I found that 1:50 plans were available in Alsace Lorraine from Paul Stamm. Then 80 Euro for 5 sheets.
On receiving these wonderful drawings with such detail as to different stanchions in various parts of the ship and enlarged detail of winches and other items including the ships the boats,  it was apparent that much would have to be altered on the model to match them and recently acquired photos.
Since the first time of writing the ship has been taken apart and only partly corrected to date and remains on the bench. I felt I needed a new project to get over the annoyance of the saga.
Since, other builds have been begun and I have never trusted a kit since with regard to accuracy.
I have a couple of models nearing completion and i will then return to Komet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries.