Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: introduction - boat question  (Read 2030 times)

superbug1980

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
introduction - boat question
« on: December 06, 2012, 09:12:22 pm »

Hello all,

I am a dad of two living in southend. i have recently inherited an rc boat which i may get working so i can use it with my stepson who is 11. There is a lake in a park near me which people use rc/sail boats so thought it would be an easy enjoyable activity for us both. Problem is that i know absolutely nothing about it!
The boat i have got is in a box and seems to be near enough built but has no radio control. it has 2 servos branded 'hitec hs-303'. so i guess the first port of call (excuse the pun) is a model boat retail to purchase a radio control that works with the servos. Does anyone know what radio control unit i need to run these servos? or is it best to buy new ones?

if this post needs to be moved to a technical forum or something let me know and i can repost. thanks in advance for the help

SB

catengineman

Re: introduction - boat question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 09:50:13 pm »

Pop down to the lake and chat with the people sailing.
Your servos will work with just about all the RC systems once you have a receiver and a power pack installed in the model
your choice of transmitter will determine your requirements for receiver etc.
you can go the 2.4 GHz and be Xtail free so there is no worries  about what channel you are on or others around you .
I'm sure the people at the lake side will help you and your stepson to enjoy this hobby to the full

Stormbringer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

welcome aboard  :-))

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 10:57:44 pm »

if you can, post some photos of the boat and the internals especially the electrical equipment inside including the motors, and some wizz on electronics side of the hobby ( not me..........I know knaff all about sparks) will be able to help you with all you need.good luck and enjoy the sailing.
neil.

knoby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:10:40 pm »

Hi SB, I sail at southcurch park every sunday. Come on down & say hi, bring your boat with you & I am sure we can get you underway. Although there will be mostly yachts there, we all sail powered boats too, we are quite friendly & usually helpful too. Be warned though, someone will give you a yacht to try & they can be very addictive  %%

Cheers Glenn
The path of excess leads to the tower of knowledge

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 12:02:54 am »

Hello SB I also live in Southend. I have talked to but not met Glen hes a helpful guy. If you wish to send me a private pm with your phone number we can chat and hopefully talk you through your problems. John.

superbug1980

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 08:52:20 pm »

hi all,
thanks for the replies! i will get some pictures of the internals of the boat and post them on here. hopefully someone can shed some light on where i begin. i suppose the first thing is to seen if there is a reciever and power pack installed in the boat.
knoby,
are you at southchurch park in morns or afternoons? am xmas shopping this weekend unfortuanately but may come down sunday after

knoby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 09:21:46 pm »

At this time of year we are at the park from around 10.30 until 2, although stay longer if its not too cold.
The path of excess leads to the tower of knowledge
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.