Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Locating Supplier  (Read 1925 times)

fredgraham

• Whiskas
  • Shipmate
  • Maximise Joy, Minimise Pain, Time is not for sale!
Locating Supplier
« on: December 17, 2012, 11:13:42 am »

Hi Folks,
I attended a boat show in South Shields at a place called Temple Park. There was a supplier with a stand displaying excellent boat fittings and I seem to have misplaced his business card. I need some fittings for my steam tug and I am disappointed with the durability of ones made from cast or moulded aluminium or lead or whatever. This supplier had brass fittings which varied from very small to fairly large and they were very well made.
I would be obliged for a lead from anyone who has got any idea who this supplier might be.
All the best, Fred Graham
Fred

raflaunches

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • The Penguins are coming!!!
Re: Locating Supplier
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 01:58:53 pm »

Could it have been 'Modelling Timbers' they attend shows mainly in the north and have an excellent supply of fittings made from brass. Did the fittings included hand rails, nuts and bolts in minute sizes, working shackles and the alike, including some very nice folded etch brass 1/96 oerlikon 20mm cannons? If so its Modelling Timbers.
Regards

Nick B
Nick B

Help! The penguins have stolen my sanity, and my hot water bottle!

Illegitimi non carborundum!

fredgraham

• Whiskas
  • Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 02:11:31 pm »

Hi Nick B,
You are dead right, I actually found the missing business card shortly after posting the enquiry as I was sure I had it somewhere 'safe'.  I have managed to make contact, but anyway thanks for your very prompt response, as it was kind of you to be so obliging.

Best regards, Fred Graham
Fred

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:30 pm »

yes, sounds like Modelling Timbers......... http://www.modellingtimbers.co.uk/1.html

neil.

fredgraham

• Whiskas
  • Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 03:42:56 pm »

Hi Neil,
Thanks for your response and you may notice that I have had another response from another mayhemmer so it is good to know that there are helpful folks on this forum. I did actually find the business card, (safely stored 'but lost') and have sent off a request for the parts I wanted. I originally used some of those cast aluminium (or some sort of soft metal )castings for the davits and pulley blocks on my tug but they have degraded rather quickly and brass should be better. Anyway thanks again.

Fred

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 07:42:16 pm »

Hi Neil,
Thanks for your response and you may notice that I have had another response from another mayhemmer so it is good to know that there are helpful folks on this forum. I did actually find the business card, (safely stored 'but lost') and have sent off a request for the parts I wanted. I originally used some of those cast aluminium (or some sort of soft metal )castings for the davits and pulley blocks on my tug but they have degraded rather quickly and brass should be better. Anyway thanks again.

Why not try Gladsons Model shop in N. Shields. Most of what you describe is part of their stock. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

fredgraham

• Whiskas
  • Shipmate
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:42:25 pm »

Hi Bryan,
You may be right as I have spent quite a bit in Gladstons on timber, fittings, propellors and Proxxon gear in the past. Will take a trip down that way soon to have a look at their stuff to see what you are talking about and maybe their offerings will meet the purpose. Meantime a couple of mayhemmers have identified the supplier I was looking for.
Anyway thanks for the lead, I had forgotten about them.
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.