Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: radio control  (Read 1457 times)

pcresser

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
radio control
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:46:37 pm »

hello everyone. i`m new to this site and to modelling, i have a tug i`m building but would like help to set up the r/c system, a good diagram would help. i have the battery, controller, motor, servo, receiver, i only want rudder movement and ahead and astern. many thanks   paul.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: radio control
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the Mayhem!
  ( Dinner at 6:00 sharp ... bring wine! )

Here a good source of wiring diagrams:

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6169.msg60821#msg60821
http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/wd.php
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 04:49:23 pm »

I prepared this to remind myself how to plug it all together.  The battery is a 6v lead acid but the principle is the same for any battery.  Speed controller plugs into the receiver along with the servo.  The battery and the motor plug into the speed controller.
Read the instruction on all the componants carefully.  This speed controller has a "battery elimination circuit" or BEC which allows the receiver to draw power from the speed controller.  If your controller doesn't have this you'll need another battery pack for the receiver.
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.

pcresser

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:07:09 pm »

tailuk.  many thanks for help. does the antenna have to be any longer.  paul

TailUK

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:44:10 pm »

On that receiver it doesn't as this is a 2.4 Gigahertz receiver.  If your'e using a MegaHertz radio it might need to be.  With the Gigahertz sets as along as the receiver is above the waterline and not surrounded by metal it hardly needs an aeriel at all.  You can't use 2.4 Gigahertz for model submarines.
If 2.4 Gig sounds familiar it's the same frequency as Wi-Fi and I don't know why it doesn't get interference from Wi-Fi but it doesn't.  HTH :}
No human society has ever functioned without models to capture, explain,disseminate,
persuade, sell, reinforce and analyse all kinds of ideas, values, concepts and situations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries.