Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update Futaba to 2.4gHz??  (Read 7267 times)

CharlieH

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Update Futaba to 2.4gHz??
« on: April 03, 2013, 06:55:34 pm »

Hello,

I have an old Futaba T6YFK Skysport 6 35mHz TX. Shall/can I convert it to 2.4gHz with FrSKY conversion kit or should I just buy a new TX.

This is for a home made bait boat.

Thanks

Charlie

View photo.JPG in slide show

View photo.JPG in slide show

craggle

• Full Mayhemer
  • Boaty McBoatface
Re: Update Futaba to 2.4gHz??
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:25:20 pm »

I've just converted my 35Mhz Futaba T6X to 2.4Ghz using the Corona kit. I imagine the FRSky kit is much the same though. Can't find any reference on the internet of your transmitter model though?

For me the conversion worked perfectly, Kept all the functions of the original radio set, programmable  mixing, Etc but it now transmits on the different frequency. All in all very impressed.
The conversion kit for the transmitter was all of £12 and the new receiver was an additional £15. Certainly cheaper than a new 6 channel set or even a 2 channel set.

Craig.
Model Slipway Envoy tug built.
Huge Lifeboat under construction.

Will01

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 12:51:34 pm »

Reviving an old thread so apologies.

I have alot of 35mhz gear from my flying days and since we are looking at continuing flying and also doing the boats we have i thought it would be wise to share gear and convert to 2.4Ghz.

Is it an easy conversion?
What are the options available?
Are there any issues and do these hacks work well?

Anythign else i should consider?
Many thanks
Will

malcf

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 07:53:00 pm »

Hi Will I have converted my ff7 and later my ff8 to 2.4 using the corona dss plug in module in place of the 35mhz module there is also a conversion kit available that you solder in for use on futaba transmitters that don't have removable modules on the back, I have not had any problems using them on boats but I did recall that there may be potential problems concerning insurance with the BMFA as it is a modification especially if it is the hard wired version, it may be wise to enquire before you buy the module.

spearfish99

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 03:58:42 pm »

The solder in conversions work very well, I have a 35mhz Graupner MC16 that someone converted prior to my buying it. I also have a FrSky conversion set ready to go into an old set.

They only require 3 wires connecting to the existing set and the aeriel replacing the existing one. The connections are a +VE feed, a  -ve connection and a signal feed.    The normal place for the Skysport range is to pick these up via the connections to the trainer port and a quick Google should provide details of this,  This may help

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/news/article/converting-a-futaba-35mhz-transmitter-to-24ghz/9709

Will01

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 09:22:38 pm »

Sounds good. Thanks guys. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.