Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lynn's Raised Deck Cruiser  (Read 1770 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Lynn's Raised Deck Cruiser
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:03:09 pm »

Via email to Mayhem...

Hi Martin,   I don't know if I sent you the latest on the Raised deck cruiser, but I am getting a little done from time to time. I was installing the second side piece for the raised foredeck and SNAP.  There must have been a brittle area and when putting it into the curve, it broke.  I'm glad I made a jig to put portholes in, as the new piece took me 10 minutes to make.  It took me longer than that to remove the old one, cutting loose all the super glue joints.  cyano acrylate is nice for gluing, but ungluing..............NASTY.   Not remembering what I have and haven't sent you, guess I'll send what I have.  Right now, I'm getting ready to build the cabin so when I get ready to put in the foredeck, it will be a snug fit.  I'm going to have a slide out area in the foredeck so's I can get at the wiring and servos.  Tha's why there's a wide gap in that area of the framing.  That's the area where the two skylights are, which will be lighted.  I'll have it so when the slide out is out, the skylights will be unplugged.  Same with the lights in the cabin, removing  the cabin will unplug  port/starboard lights and cabin lights.  Wiring these things is a real blast.   Well, guess I'd better prep dinner, or Alice will hire another cook.  HeeHee!!!!!   Lynn
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

eddiesolo

• Full Mayhemer
  • Shiver me timbers...I've spilt me glue!
Re: Lunn's Raised Deck Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 04:58:25 pm »

Looking good there  :-))
Si:)
My models are not nice, clean and ship-shape. They be mucky, grubby, rusty and smelly.

RAAArtyGunner

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Lynn's Raised Deck Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:35:36 pm »

Not that I know anything, just the rudder position looks 'Different' ???

Gunna build those other boats one day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 22 queries.