Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Touchwood 1/12 scale Bluebird K7  (Read 44310 times)

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Touchwood 1/12 scale Bluebird K7
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 06:27:52 pm »

Oh yes !
Think I can get one from  a place called Pete's Pilots, thanks for the comments, still waiting for the alloy planning wedges to be made, then I will fill the sponsons up with polystyrene and glue them on. At the moment I am going full steam with my gas boat shockwave surface drive conversion as you may of seen on this forum. :)
Biscuit

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 11:41:24 am »

Hi all,
Now I have finished the Shockwave, I can get back to do a bit more work on the BlueBird, had the alloy planning wedges made, been hollowed out and are very light, hope to get back into the project.
Biscuit.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2008, 11:32:41 pm »

Well got back into the Bluebird to day,done a lot more than this but waiting for glue to dry. send more pics tomorrow.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2008, 12:12:18 pm »

Hi all, Fitted the front alloy forward ramps today, you have to bend them down at 90 degrees and leave to overlap 1mm all the way round not an easy job but came out ok, used slow setting epoxy on all the alloy planes and ramps, should be ok as it will glue to the foam inside the Sponsons. And of course I just had to put it in the bath to see if it floats ! and guess what it does :) with only a very slightly bow down attitude, will now have to make up a water tight hatch, this is going to be a lot of work as I have to make a lip on the inside of the hull so I can fit the hatch in it and tape it down before a run. Looking for a motor now, the boat is not that heavy so thinking of something in the range of a 4500kv motor running on a 3cell lipo 3700mah and a Octura 3 blade X440 prop, maybe that 4500kv maybe a little high, so not sure yet. All I really want to do is spray it blue ! but thats a long way off at the mo, so will carry on plugging away and see how we get on.
Steve.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2008, 10:02:06 pm »

Made the lip to support the water tight hatch today, used some plastic card after grinding a flat in the top of the hatch opening then gluing the plastic to it, bit o a nightmare but came out nice, one of the worse jobs done.

Hagar

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 01:58:37 pm »

O0

Looking great so far! Whats happened since june? Have you laid some colour down?
Keep em comming Biscuit.

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2008, 12:03:14 am »

Well I kind of not done much, did not seem much interest on the site, it just needs the motor fitted and radio, but  stuck it back on the shelf, and got back into my Helicopters, may just paint it and have it as a static model as lost interest.  :(

das boot

« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2008, 10:57:04 am »

Oh man, don't do that, be such a waste after all that hard work. It looks really good now, get it on the water....  O0

Rich

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #58 on: August 16, 2008, 03:05:55 pm »

Yeah come on finish it and post the results here, you cant just leave us dangling here. You put a lot of good work into it , be a waste if you didnt see it through. :(
..well can you land on this?

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2008, 05:24:23 pm »

Wow, thought no one was following this, think I have had this boat over a year now, I normally get things done straight away, so it don't look good on this model, I wanted to make it surface drive but been told that it runs better on submerged drive, so not sure what to do now, come back in another year or so :) maybe it might of moved on a little, but I would not hold your breath ! my hearts not in it anymore, just into my flying now, sorry guys.
Steve.

das boot

« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2008, 06:46:36 pm »

Well then...sell it to me!     :P

Rich

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 06:51:03 pm »

Will think about it.  :-\

das boot

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2008, 07:35:56 pm »

I'd rather you got stuck in and got it finished Biccie, you've put so much work into it up to now, but if the worst comes to the worst and you are sure....VERY sure, then give me a shout.

Rich

Hagar

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2008, 11:52:57 am »

And if Das Boot changes hus mind...

I just love the old hydros.

promocean

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2009, 11:34:08 pm »

Hello from Germany,

please go on with building your K-7. It looks very nice and you did a fantastic job till now! :-))

I am working on another Touchwood kit for over 3 years now. Sometimes it was frustrating me, but then I went on building.
But the fact is, that these kits are for static displaymodels only. And for this reason it will not be necessary, to do a correct bottom.
So we modelbuilders have to rework our own Bluebirds from the basics we got.

model boat martin

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2009, 12:20:53 pm »

Hi

I have built a 1/12 K4 from Touchwood.  Ideally a finer grade of glass would have been more suitable.  There was a lot of making good to do but got there in the end.  Forget the resin/white metal bits they will only break and you are better off making your own. As for weight put lipo cells in and it will fly.

promocean

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2009, 07:24:58 pm »

I've the K-4 also. When the kit came to me, I was wondering about the hull. You could see single glassfibres in the gelcoat, and all frames of hatches or frames are 3mm wide and 2mm deep. So I started to fill all holes, and did the conversions, which are told me from Ernie Lazenby.
Maybe, this summer, my model will be ready.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2009, 08:11:48 pm »

Would it be possible to post a couple of pics of the K4 without going off topic too far ?
..well can you land on this?

promocean

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2009, 10:02:48 pm »

Hi arrow5,

here are some pics. All surfaces will be smooth, when ready. Also I plan to do a conversion of the K-4. I want to build the proprider twoseater from Lake Garda.

rapidrabbit

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2009, 12:19:36 am »

Any updates on the K& build? Looking awesome!!

vintagent

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2010, 08:41:11 pm »

Isn't it annoying when a thread just peters out?

What happened to these Touchwood Models?

But then, what happened to the Bluebird Modellers Group?  It used to be so active, now it's dead.

Where ARE the scale speedboat and hydro guys?
If you don't want a badly moulded expensive kit, build it yourselves!
Touchwood had the drawings from somewhere!!

Regards,
Vintagent

promocean

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2010, 09:25:21 pm »

Causing some healthy problems in the last 4 years, I can't build as fast as before. So I will do one project after the other. But I think, my Touchwood K-4 will be go on in some weeks. Then I am ready with a Sunseeker Superhawk 40 and a Springer tug for my brothers son.
Don't know, what happened to our group. With beginning of 2010 I got some daily mails and then nothing in the last 5 months.  <:(
Also have a pocket rocket, the laminated one, which will drive very soon.

Kind Regards,
Ernst

Drkomen86

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2010, 10:38:06 pm »

I say make moulds of the clean hulls an then you have a good model to sell  :-))

vintagent

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2010, 03:30:41 pm »

Absolutely, but beware the Copyright police, they're everywhere.
They stalk forums and yahoo groups, warning...warning, ever warning, which is why they all make stuff that leaves us yawning,...yawning, ever yawning! Iif they make anything at all.

My old man said, "never ask, boy...Or some so*'ll say no".  Bloomin' good advice.

Mould and be damned, sir!

Vintagent

Biscuit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2010, 10:01:15 am »

Well, I have given up on the boat, a few months ago I just went out and spent over £300 on the running gear, did not really have a clue as to what I was buying as there is not many guys who have built and run this boat on a brushless set up, but guy in the shop said it should work, so bought motor esc and other bits and pieces. I then found out that it was not really suitable for the model as KV was too high or something like that, asked guy in shop if he would take it all back so I could start again and he said the best he could do was give me a credit note  :(( so its all gone back in the loft somewhere, I will wait till someone else builds one then copy them  :-) I just cant spend anymore time or money on it  not knowing what I am doing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.