Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamco tac200 2.4 ghz  (Read 9879 times)

stag707

• Shipmate
Re: Tamco tac200 2.4 ghz
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 11:07:57 am »

Dear All
Just returned from the model shop and had a result. The Person behind the counter was the original guy who I brought the Tamco from. I explained what was wrong he tested it on the counter in front of me, said that he had a few returned with this fault, and promptly gave me my money back, no quibble. I cant understand it the other guy was such a D**k.  Anyway thanks to all for your advice just shows never give up.
P.S. With the refund I brought a Futaba R2006gs RX to match my Futaba 6J for my new project

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 12:14:35 pm »

Which just goes to show that not all shop assistants / owners are complete twonks....and that going in with all guns blazing is NOT always the best way to get better service.

A cool, calm and polite way is always a good starting point - glad you got a satisfactory result.

inertia

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 01:14:07 pm »

Also goes to show that ducks don't make good shop assistants...................
Futaba ticks all the boxes on my list - a better outcome all round. Beware, though, of using the alternative mode of transmission on the 6J. I forget if it's FHSS or S-FHSS, but with one of them you lose channels 5 and 6.
DM

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2013, 01:21:15 pm »

Also goes to show that ducks don't make good shop assistants...................
Futaba ticks all the boxes on my list - a better outcome all round. Beware, though, of using the alternative mode of transmission on the 6J. I forget if it's FHSS or S-FHSS, but with one of them you lose channels 5 and 6.
DM

Thanks for the tip didn't realise that myself

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2013, 02:00:57 pm »

Glad it all worked out in the end, plus you went with what you know, FUTABA!!

Say no more!

Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club
Association Of Model Submariners

ardarossan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 12:16:36 am »

In general, but relationg to the post by stag707 on May 12, 2013, 22:47:46:

I can't remember the exact wording, but with items that are faulty/not suitable for the purpose etc, there is also a proviso that the complaint is made within a 'reasonable time'.

The 'reasonable time' is subjective, and especially worth remembering with regards to 'seasonal items' that are bought out of season, e.g. Summer-use items bought as Christmas presents, or a Sledge bought in Summer. The 'reasonable time' for the aforementioned items takes into account that it might be several months before you get the first opportunity to USE the item (not just visually check it), whereas the 'reasonable time' for, say, a 'domestic appliance' would (most likely) be considerably less.

Also don't ever say you're dealing with Trading Standards if you're not. The only person that can get caught out is you, and then everything else you've said becomes questionable by association.

And thanks for the Tamco tip - i.e. Don't touch with a barge pole!

Andy
How much wood would a Woodchuck chuck, if a Woodchuck would chuck wood?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries.