Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Tamco tac200 2.4 ghz  (Read 9874 times)

stag707

• Shipmate
Tamco tac200 2.4 ghz
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:13:37 pm »

Just bought one of these tamco tac 200 2 channel stick radios to run an old yacht of mine. the 10 year old Futaba attack was looking a bit tired and as the tamco was cheap I meant that all my models would be now on 2.4 ghz.
The rx binds ok and channel 1 is ok using a standard servo and a speed controller everything operates as it should. Channel 2  and channel 3 do not work? ie permanent full voltage with no signal, motors run at full speed, without any stick movement servos lock permanently until power is cut.
Tried rebinding, swapping servos etc anybody have any ideas before I return it to the shop

john44

• Full Mayhemer
  • member of the Potteries Model boat club
Re: Tamco tac200 2.4 ghz
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:58:57 pm »

return it to the shop, looks like you tried everything already.

john

triumphjon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:24:31 am »

ive got one of the six channel sets and havnt had any problems to date , its even seen service in one of my micro magics and performed faultlessly ! for the money id have the four or six channel sets as they allow you to expand in other models later ! jon

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:46:17 am »

If the motors on channels 2 and 3 run at all, there is a valid "full speed" signal coming out of the RX.  While it is possible with this modern stuff for the RX to generate its own servo operating signal, it is also quite possible that the wiring in the TX has a dry joint in the wiring to the joystick pots on those channels, causing the TX to transmit full speed signals on those channels.
There could also be a fail safe involved - "safe" in model aircraft often equals "off", stick full back, but with boat controls, stick full back is full speed astern.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:54:48 am »

Been talking to a friend of mine who has had exactly the same problem with the two channel stick Tamco set.
I already have a futaba 6j and a planet t5 so I think I will just buy another RX for the futaba, and use that at least it's a name you can trust. Mind you saying that I haven't had any problems with the planet touch wood.
Thanks for all the advice but as it seems to be a faulty new item I'm entitled to a refund so back to the shop it is, just thought that I might be missing something to save me the journey.

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:00:07 am »

Could it be the same as the Radiolink wher you switch on TX, waggle the sticks and then switch on the Rx to disable the failsafe?

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 10:07:39 am »

Was the "Old " Fubarta working? If so, there's a moral here. I won't be retiring my thirty five year old Remcon or my thirty year old Sanwa.

Regards  Ian
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 06:54:31 pm »

Was the "Old " Fubarta working? If so, there's a moral here. I won't be retiring my thirty five year old Remcon or my thirty year old Sanwa.

Regards  Ian

The futaba was working fine I just thought it would be nice to have all my models on 2.4 ghz
What's the old saying if it ain't broke :-/

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 10:09:05 pm »

Ive used futaba since 1982, never have, or will ever use anything else!
you couldn't even give me another make.

Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club
Association Of Model Submariners

RMH

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 10:30:41 pm »

I agree with Upscope, I've used Futaba since the early seventies only one deviation my first r/c gear was by MRC. Futaba has an excellent reputation and has never let me down. Buy cheap, Buy twice!!

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 02:56:38 am »

Have to agree with RMH and upscope always been a futaba fan and only retired my first futaba reciever 3years ago when it gave up the ghost after 22 years continuous service, though its partner the Attack-R TX is still going strong.  I also have Robbe, hitec, acoms as thay the four makes will all talk to each other so I can mix an match if I need a working set. 
 I avoided sanwa gear as there was always the uncertainty if a non sanwa brand servo would survive being plugged into to the RX or would it get fried.  I think the new sanwa RX does`nt do that now although there is a lead you can get where one end( to the RX) is wired for Sanwa and the other end to the servo is wired (Futaba).

frank

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 07:24:46 am »

My first radio in 1982 was a simple 2 channel for my Tamiya Grasshopper, I was only 12 at the time, I now use the FC 16 computer set for my subs, and the futaba 14mz for my aircraft and one sub.
The new sanwa's can be plugged into futaba as the leads are now the same, but for ease Ive stuck with futaba.

Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 08:50:25 pm »

Does anyone know how to contact Tamco they appear to have a web site but it seems its not up and running yet.
The shop won't take my radio back

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 09:00:45 pm »

Quote sale of goods act - not fit for purpose, they have to refund if the item purchased isnt functioning properly.
what reason do they quote for not refunding?

Grendel

Stavros

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

Take it BACK and tell them it is NOT OF MERCHANDISABLE QUALITY and THEREFORE NOT FIT FOR THE INTENDED USE...if they refuse again tell them straight NO PRBS I am now going to trading standards and will name and shame your shop on modeling websites....if they got any sense they will refund your money straight away .

And they got to refund you as it is the law

Dave

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 09:36:07 pm »

Take it BACK and tell them it is NOT OF MERCHANDISABLE QUALITY and THEREFORE NOT FIT FOR THE INTENDED USE...if they refuse again tell them straight NO PRBS I am now going to trading standards and will name and shame your shop on modeling websites....if they got any sense they will refund your money straight away .

And they got to refund you as it is the law

Dave
They said it had been fitted and that I must have done something wrong. The  first part is true, it has been fitted, but I have had years of experience and have followed the instructions to the letter so it's nothing I have done. I have explained this to them but
they still won't budge

Stavros

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2013, 09:48:55 pm »

Still they are wrong take it back and give them 1 last chance and if they ask if it has been fitted say yes and when they say cant be returned then ask them a simple question.....how can YOU say that it is non returnable.....if you buy a tv and it doesn't work straight away then it is faulty same with this then tell them trading standards are NOW involved DON'T TAKE any POOH POOH from them and simply phone trading standards tell them what has happened and they will act on it straight away.

Dave

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2013, 09:59:07 pm »

Still htey are wrong take it back and give them 1 last chance and if htey ask if it has been fitted say yes and when thye say cant be returned then ask them a simple question.....how can YOU say that it is non returnable.....if you buy a tv and it doesnt work straight away then it is faulty same with this then tell them trading standards are NOW involved DONT TAKE any POOH POOH from them and simply phone trading standards tell them what has happened and they will act on it straight away.

Dave

Ill give it another go this week ill keep you posted dave

Stavros

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2013, 10:00:51 pm »

tell them what I have quoted and also say you have ALLREADY had a word with trading standards

Dave

grendel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2013, 10:27:39 pm »

its like saying that the right to return a tv is null and void just because you have plugged it in. under law you have the right to return faulty goods and get a refund - the shop then sends it back to their supplier or the manufacturer for their refund.
Grendel

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 10:47:46 pm »

its like saying that the right to return a tv is null and void just because you have plugged it in. under law you have the right to return faulty goods and get a refund - the shop then sends it back to their supplier or the manufacturer for their refund.
Grendel

True  but I think it's due to the length of time it was purchased to the time of return, I know it shouldn't matter But it's par  for the course with hobby You buy a radio at a show say for a current project, by the time you're ready to install the radio a couple of months have passed then you try it  and its faulty that's the situation I'm in. Ill give it a go this week let you know what happens.

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 10:49:32 pm »

Hello all, ok I work in a model shop - just so your aware - I wont name it and its hopefully nothing to do with this!
Firstly if your radio is faulty, and you bring it back to a model shop the shop should at least test it in front of you, or let you show them the fault.
We would then swap parts around to find and then be certain of the dodgy component, in your case the tx! Its rare for a new (how old is it) tx to not work, its the servos and rx that have the hardest life - lets face it!
But nowadays every model shop does get stock that simply does not work - even futaba, ive bought a dead futaba rx before, stuff these days is made to a price, 1 or 2 in every couple hundred is almost normal and acceptable to manufacturers.
But when you buy it, it should do what it says on the tin!
Yours very likely clearly looks as new and you have proof of purchase, the store should at least offer you a replacement tx that binds fully with your rx or offer you a full set, assuming even that you wish to keep the servos installed in the model?
If your not happy with that, offer you a refund and then they send the tamco radio back to supplier.
The fact that the RC has been fitted has no bearing, that's how you know it does not work.
Bit like buying a TV, you have to unpack it, and plug it in, that's when you find out it does not work- simple!
So, my advice like the above chaps, is take it back, ask them to check it, under its warranty, if faulty replace it. Don't go in all "trading standards guns blazing", if they say no! Ask them why they are saying this based on the sale of goods act, if they have any sense they will help you.
If not - they are letting the few remaining uk model shops down!
Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 10:57:28 pm »

Ok, having read the replies as I was typing mine.
Was it bought from a shop? Do you have proof of purchase? Recipt/card statement?
If so when?
When did the fault appear, days, weeks, months?
If its months, the shop is entitled under law, to send it back to the supplier/manufacturer for repair or replacement (but lets face it, that radio was made in the far east), not at the supplier which I belive in the UK is AMERANG in Sussex for Tamco.
In a reasonable time, lets say 2 weeks max allowing for postage by the shop, if its "repaired" and its still faulty, you can ask for a refund, no questions asked! Or in the very very least a brand new radio of same time, with maybe a small refund for inconvenience etc etc.

Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club

stag707

• Shipmate
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2013, 11:44:14 pm »

Ok, having read the replies as I was typing mine.
Was it bought from a shop? Do you have proof of purchase? Recipt/card statement?
If so when?
When did the fault appear, days, weeks, months?
If its months, the shop is entitled under law, to send it back to the supplier/manufacturer for repair or replacement (but lets face it, that radio was made in the far east), not at the supplier which I belive in the UK is AMERANG in Sussex for Tamco.
In a reasonable time, lets say 2 weeks max allowing for postage by the shop, if its "repaired" and its still faulty, you can ask for a refund, no questions asked! Or in the very very least a brand new radio of same time, with maybe a small refund for inconvenience etc etc.

The set was purchased in December just recently tried it. RX binds fine /channel 1 works fine normal operation from TX . / channel 2 no response from Tx  / full power coming from channel 2
on RX.

So was there from when it was purchased

Will keep you posted on the outcome

upscope

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 02:27:25 pm »

Please do!

Paul Cook
Norwich Model Boat Club
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.