Shows, Events, Club websites and Club Events > Club List

Grantham & District MBC

(1/13) > >>

Pirate:
   Due to the kind intervention of SKD council in the emptying, maintenance and refilling of our pond ( the old outdoor swimming pool, Wyndham park, Grantham, Lincs ) which in the last ten years had accumulated a unhealthy amount of debris natural and vandal induced,to the point where it was a danger to wildlife and human users. I the secretary of the club would just like to notify everyone who was planning to come to our RNLI open day next Sunday that this event is cancelled until the pool is once again operative. Then we warmly welcome one and all to join us at this and any of our other events.
Grateful thanks to SKDC for there work and to all who attend G&DMBC in there patience and support.
Yours
Andrew Palmer
Sec of G&DMBC)

Martin (Admin):

Grantham & District MBC was one of the first clubs I visited when I started Mayhem!
... a Great bunch of people!

Photos!

Martin (Admin):
Via email to Mayhem...

Hi,

My name's Suzie and I'm a reporter at the Grantham Journal. I have had a letter from a member of the Grantham Model Boat Club but I'm struggling to track them down. Would it be possible for you to put me in contact with someone at the club to talk about the damage that has been caused to the boating lake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,

Suzie

Pirate:
PM sent to you Martin
Thanks
Pirate

baloo:
With reference to the damage at the pool,( i know the last post was in july 2010) but what ive been told(possibly a nother rumour)is that when the council contractor was cleaning out the pool a "digger" fell over !.Now nobody will take the blame(nothing unusal there then)the pool still leaks, it dops up to a foot,but when you ask people about the pool yeah it`s ok we still sail on thurs and sunday.You dont see any competitions going on just plain sailing!,and why does the pool have to be 4ft deep,30" is deep enough then it would be easier for the club to maintain it themself`s
LET`S BRING BACK BOATING AT WYNDHAM PARK !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version