Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grantham & District MBC  (Read 25624 times)

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
Re: Grantham & District MBC
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 01:28:29 pm »

I sail at various places,Boston,Lincoln,Leicester when I have time,but will let you know next time I'm going sailing

troutrunner

• -----------------------
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Nil illegitimi Carborundum
    • Web Editor
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 08:52:55 am »

Thanks Baloo, it would be nice to meet other like minded folk   :-)
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2016, 10:52:43 am »

My next event will not be sailing,but displaying and there you can meet lots of modellers,from Lincoln,Leicester,Grantham etc it will be on 31st July at Skegness lifeboat station,we the modellers set up at 8am(we put tables,cloths and other stuff out)Skegness supply tables etc all you supply will be your boat , it is 98% lifeboats with other boats on display as well (rasing funds for RNLI SKEGNESS)anybody can display there models,but you must help out by setting the tables out at 8am & then put everything away from 3pm - 3.30pm as everything must be put away when lifeboat returns from exercise,on average 50+ models on display,so possibly see you there,I will be the one with 12-008 model on display,you won't miss me or my model

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2016, 01:28:10 pm »

Hi Baloo,
   I'll check with management and see what she is up to, thanks for the heads up, I haven't the first clue on how to find other modellers and really appreciate your help.

Paul.
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2016, 02:29:45 pm »

No problem,normally the blokes stay with there boats,and women go shopping together,and if you could make it I will introduce you other modellers

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2016, 03:28:57 pm »

here's an update on the pool for the model boats, follow the link for the press release.

Wyndham park forum and SKDC have secured £818,000 of lottery funding in which part will go towards the model boating pool.

http://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/local/grantham-park-receives-magnificient-818-000-lottery-boost-1-7478291
Paul

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2016, 06:51:04 pm »

Saw it in the journal this week,I just did not understand why the model boat club was ask to leave the premises,if there re lining the pool,but will they still leave it as deep,because even at 30" deep would be a lot easier for the club to help clean the pool,but will have to wait and see

Baloo

troutrunner

• Full Mayhemer
    • Web Editor
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2016, 11:03:59 pm »

Perhaps someone ought to ask these questions, I think it is now time for anyone interested in reforming the Grantham club to get together and have a chat, then get involved, the Wyndham Park Forum have offered an invite for anyone to join in and have a say.

It's now up to all interested parties to get involved and put there suggestions forward.
Paul

Bubblehead

• Shipmate
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2017, 07:11:12 pm »

Having read an article in the council paper about what they are up to over the coming year, they have mentioned that lottery funding has been granted for the re-development of Wyndham Park.

According to the council work will commence in September this year (2017), not bad as a temporary repair was on the cards 4-5 years ago.  The boating lake still stands empty collecting rubbish and a little rain water from time to time.

So hopefully we will get to see a stable level of water in the boating lake in the near future.  Just a pity that two of our club members have gone to the big model boat lake in the sky before it was restored.

Grantham & District model boat club may yet sail once again at its home venue!!!!!!!
Dive, Dive, Dive, emergency deep, rig for silent running

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2017, 09:46:39 am »

Just had a read of the latest council news magazine to drop through the letter box.

Meanwhile the model boat lake will be updated, fencing, lighting, seating and litter bins reviewed and CCTV installed.

I pass the park most days going to and from work (but not for much longer!) and noticed they have started on improving the river bank so the improvements have started at least, so maybe next year we could be sailing locally after many years - and I shall hopefully have time to join in for once!

Captain Flack

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2017, 04:07:58 pm »

I wish we could have a boating lake , let alone have one refurbished, but then again we are only "Britain's Ocean City" ok2

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2018, 12:11:26 am »

At last some good news!

South Kesteven District Council have been true to their word and finished the refurbishment of the boating pool at Wyndham Park,  Grantham.

Hopefully the club will reform and start holding regattas and open days at what is a very much improved facility.
Time to rummage in the garage and see what may still float after a few years out of the hobby!

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2018, 08:23:12 am »

Yesterday was the first sailing day for Grantham Model Boat Club  (dropped the district)....
Quite a few turned out for a lovely inaugural sail in the sunshine!

New hours are Sunday’s 10:00 to whenever and Wednesday afternoons are intended probably from 13:00 onwards.

Annual membership fees £20 for adults, £15 for individual juniors (parental supervision required) but there will be concessions for families.....And no, there isn’t a discount for senior citizens!

I!ll get some pictures up when I can figure out how to reduce their size...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.