Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hung up my seaboots so .....  (Read 1212 times)

Twister

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Hung up my seaboots so .....
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:04:32 am »

Greetings from another newbie in (today) not so sunny cornwall!

In recent years, as my subject header implied, I've had to hang up my seaboots and give up fullsize sailing owing to various health issues (lower back has 'given up' well before its time). So I've recently started (for me) the next best thing and am currently in the middle of building a 1:28 scale J Class yacht 'Enterprise'.  I came across the line drawings on rcsailing.net which had the advantage of being modified to give an additional 50mm draft over the true scale model giving the advantage of increased displacement and hence more ballast where it's needed.

I'm another of the 'Newbies' guilty of 'lurking' on various forums picking up hints and tips and of course being utterly amazed at the quality of the majority of models produced. For me at the moment two stand out, those being Lothar's Skerry build and rmaddock's Knobby - I have an affinity with traditional yachts and have huge admiration for the scratch built boats - or rather the builders.

My build log to date (not much happened recently) has been written up on rcsailing.net, the details of which may be found here:

http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/showthread.php?6264-1-28-J-Class-Enterprise-build-log

Thats it for now, got to get son & heir ready for pre-school!!

Regards,

Row

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Hung up my seaboots so .....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:27:00 pm »

Welcome Twister.

Bob
Officially a GOG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.