Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1507 times)

pgrubby

• Shipmate
  • "Here's a little somethin extra"
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:59:11 pm »

Hello all, My name is Paul and I have been building models since I can remember. Being from a Navy family I could not help but love building ships! Mainly WWII era but I also have a soft spot for the Constitution. My dad was on the USS K D Bailey DDR 713 (KOREA) and I had two brothers on the USS Henry B Wilson DDG-7 (VIETNAM) I joined and went to Great Lakes Naval Academy in 1984. So its all about ships for me! Started my first from scratch build when I was about 10, but still love the kits though. The first from scratch I did was all done with card stock paper and just about anything I could find around my house that worked. It was of the USS Massachusetts. Had it all done to scale except the hull when little brother destroyed it! Man was I "xxxxx" and not even a picture of it to remember her by! I have been away from building for some time but looking to see whats out there led me here! What a great place to show off and learn from each other all in one great place! From some of the great work I see here and not building in quite a while, I can honestly say..... All you guys are NUTS! Some of the most advanced work I have ever seen!!!!! Modeling seems to have come a long way since I dropped my first keel! WOW! Well, I do plan on taking up some of the challenges some of you guys are doing! I Just hope the work I do in the future is up to your standards! All I need is what we all do....Time

Well, Thanks for this site and hope to learn a lot!

Sincerely

Paul R Grubb

sparkey

• Full Mayhemer
  • I think I am as mad as I think I am then I am mad
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 05:17:26 pm »

:-)) Welcome aboard sir,enjoy the forum a lot of very clever guy's on here,whatever you need to know someone on the MBM will be sure to
know the answer, I have had a great deal of help in the past, everybody needs help soon or later,enjoy your modelling,Ray. :-)) :-)) [size=78%] [/size]
My boats are all wood like my head fluctuat nec mergitur

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 05:27:18 pm »

Welcome aboard the good ship Mayhem Paul!

( Crew must do their own laundry. Extra grog for best kit locker! )

What do you think your first model will be?

Martin  :-)

"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 06:40:45 am »

You sound like you are from the west side of the pond, welcome aboard, you will be right at home with us nut cases. Mick B.
Mick B.

baloo

• Full Mayhemer
  • I`M YOUR FRIENDLY TRUCKER
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:53:23 am »

welcome to the madhouse,you dont have to be mad but it helps.baloo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries.