Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Water Tight Integrity of the Vessel Has Been Violated  (Read 1883 times)

• Full Mayhemer
The Water Tight Integrity of the Vessel Has Been Violated
« on: June 04, 2013, 02:27:02 pm »

After untold hours of work I took by Robbe U-47 to the water tank to test for leaks and start the trimming.
Good news is all the rear bulkhead fittings for propeller shafts and servo leads are water tight.
Now for the problem.  I used the bayonet system from Norbert Broggen. I installed as stated, rough up the Robbe Tube and the bayonet with 80 grid sand paper. Wrapped with the fiber glass tape which was provided and used marine epoxy. Now when I put pressure in the tech tray tube it appears I have a leak somewhere in the fiber glass epoxy area can't really pin point. I was thinking of running thin CA glue on the inside where the tube meets the aluminum bayonet locking male assembly.
Anyone have any better ideas or just any direction would be appreciated.John

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: The Water Tight Integrity of the Vessel Has Been Violated
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 02:30:51 pm »

i would run some marine epoxy around the inside of the join you will need to do it about an inch at a time otherwise it will end up all on one side (don't ask how i know  :embarrassed: )
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
Re: The Water Tight Integrity of the Vessel Has Been Violated
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:19:40 pm »

When I had my full size boat mysterious minor leaks could be effectively cured with this stuff: http://www.captaintolley.com/ it is a very thin resin which works its way into cracks and then sets hard.
Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.