Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Books on coastal forces.  (Read 2091 times)

kendalboatsman

Books on coastal forces.
« on: July 05, 2007, 07:19:50 am »

Hello,

I have been searching for reference photos of Harbour Defence Motor Launches and not had much luck over the internet, I know John Lambert and Al Ross produced a WW2 Coastal forces book and Vol 1 is the one I need. However according to Amazon the book is out of print and I don't want to pay £35 for a used copy as I have already paid out nearly £150 in 3 books sat on my bookshelf I have no desire to pay out for a book I just want a few photos out of.

So...

Can anyone recommend any other books currently in print I can purchase for photos, I already tried the Coastal Forces website without much luck. Can anyone point me in the direction of a website with lots of photos of someone elses model in particular ML1285. I already tried HSL and PBM.

Thanks in advance
Clive

Daryl

Re: Books on coastal forces.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:46:15 am »

try www.navyphotos.co.uk and www.wrightandlogan.co.uk

or a free advert in Navy News, I did when I was looking for info an a particular MTB and i got very good replies.

Hope this helps
Daryl

Tester

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:06:46 pm »

Hi Clive

I borrow the Coastal Forces book from the library, they don't have a copy in my local but only costs 50p to order.

Royal Naval Coastal Forces by A.J.D. North is a good source for information, it has photo's of 1031 and 1234. ML 1031 is an early vessel fitted with 3pdr gun and 1234 is later with extended bridge and Oerlikon.
It does not have any reference to 1285 in the HDML list. The 2 pictures mentioned have  IWM numbers so you should be able to get some info from there.

If you want more info from the book let me know

HTH
Richard

Holmsey

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 01:49:12 pm »

Try the Ian Allen Bookshop near Waterloo Station, they had both volumes about 3 months ago
Holmsey

kendalboatsman

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:20:03 pm »

Hi Gentlemen,

Thanks for your help. I am popping into Birmingham city centre on Saturday so will a) try the central library as I already have the ISBN references and b) visit the Ian Allen shop under Pallisades centre.

Thanks
Clive :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 22 queries.