Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/12 Arun lifeboat  (Read 102743 times)

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
Re: 1/12 Arun lifeboat
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »

Yes I have to agree with you Bill as we see far to often boats being hit resulting in superstructures being knocked off so just for peace of mind I would like install some sort of hidden device to unsure that this does'nt happen to my boat.

Regards Dave.

Stavros

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2013, 09:29:30 pm »

Dave dont worry with an Arun the superstructue is heavy enough I used to have one and I used to wave jump with it and NEVER knocked one off

Dave

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2013, 09:39:30 pm »

Dave dont worry with an Arun the superstructue is heavy enough I used to have one and I used to wave jump with it and NEVER knocked one off

Dave

OK thanks Dave . :-)) :-)) :-))

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2013, 06:12:06 pm »

Hi all, nothing happing as far as the build goes due to ongoing problems with my leg. What I have been looking for is a recording of a lifeboat and coastguard  radio conversation that could be played on a sound system inside the lifeboat. Would anyone know of a web site that I can download this from.

Regards Dave.

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2013, 07:01:17 pm »

I have a recording of a sea king helicopter to a lifeboat I searched high and low  for this  and took months to source its crystal clear very very good it was a mp4 and I converted it with software I have to mp3 it can be played through one of the model sounds player or similar or a mp3 player that takes a micro sd
here is a link for the player http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-MODEL-BOAT-DIGITAL-SOUND-PLAYER-/141101722965?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20da516d55#ht_1507wt_1255
 I know of only one more person who got this as I sold it to him with a model sounds player I have just bought another player and now have it for my lifeboat.
if your intrested send me a micro sd card and I will upload it for you for free and send it back to you
let me know if your intrested and pm me
luke

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2013, 07:03:32 pm »

forgot to say the radio conversation is 9 mins long but once in player press the loop button and it will play continuous

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2013, 07:10:03 pm »

Hi Luke, many thanks mate I have sent you a P M.  :-)) :-)) :-))

Regards Dave.

luke1993

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »

reply sent mate with all details :-))

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2013, 07:19:52 pm »

Hi all, still no more done on the build but what I have done is change my mind on motors, so the two 850s are coming out along with the speed controllers and being replaced with brushless which have been ordered today so hopefully they won't take to long till they come and then I can hopefully get back on track with the build. :-))

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #109 on: November 05, 2013, 12:49:30 pm »

Hi all, my nice looking brushless motors have arrived, I am just waiting on the speed controllers now and then I can get back on track. :-)) :-))

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2013, 12:52:02 pm »

I have a recording of a sea king helicopter to a lifeboat I searched high and low  for this  and took months to source its crystal clear very very good it was a mp4 and I converted it with software I have to mp3 it can be played through one of the model sounds player or similar or a mp3 player that takes a micro sd
here is a link for the player http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-MODEL-BOAT-DIGITAL-SOUND-PLAYER-/141101722965?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item20da516d55#ht_1507wt_1255
 I know of only one more person who got this as I sold it to him with a model sounds player I have just bought another player and now have it for my lifeboat.
if your interested send me a micro sd card and I will upload it for you for free and send it back to you
let me know if your interested and pm me

Luke

Hi Luke have got it back from you mate and it sounds brilliant.......... made up. :-)) :-)) :-))

Regards Dave

Dave, I've put the quote outside of the brackets for you.
ken

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2013, 04:56:36 pm »

Thanks Ken.  :-)) :-))

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2013, 02:41:34 pm »

Hi all, had the boat out today for trials and I have to say it went brilliant I was very happy to see it turn in it's own length. As far as the motors go they have to come out ......very heavy on the batteries like most said but they did give the boat a good turn of speed, so will be a lot better when the brushless setup goes in.

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »

A few more.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #114 on: November 14, 2013, 07:02:38 pm »

Hi all, the speed controller's have arrived so now I can get back into working on the boat. The new setup will be 2x 790kv brushless out runners and 2x water cooled 70ah speed controller's, also I have gone for stainless steel couplings and as far as batteries go I am running the motors on 14.8 volt 8ah lipo's driving 60mm 4 blade brass props. :-)) :-))

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2013, 09:07:58 pm »

Hi all, the speed controllers ( brushless ) are water cooled, what's the best .....water scoops or a pump.

Regards Dave.

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2013, 09:35:32 pm »

Personally, I'd say pump. But that's mainly because I want water coming out of the exhausts and it wouldn't look very realistic if it stopped as soon as you stopped! Plus I like the idea of the ESCs and motors still being cooled whilst at a standstill, especially if you've just been on a big fast run and everything's running hot, you want to keep dumping that heat overboard after you've slowed down!

But scoops are a lot cheaper and easier to find/incorporate into the model. Getting pumps that have a suitable flow rate, and run continuously is hard, and you also then have another power draw, AND you still need a scoop or intake of some description to get the water to the pump anyway.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2013, 09:42:46 pm »

Personally, I'd say pump. But that's mainly because I want water coming out of the exhausts and it wouldn't look very realistic if it stopped as soon as you stopped! Plus I like the idea of the ESCs and motors still being cooled whilst at a standstill, especially if you've just been on a big fast run and everything's running hot, you want to keep dumping that heat overboard after you've slowed down!

But scoops are a lot cheaper and easier to find/incorporate into the model. Getting pumps that have a suitable flow rate, and run continuously is hard, and you also then have another power draw, AND you still need a scoop or intake of some description to get the water to the pump anyway.

Thanks mate, I was thinking of a pump ....but as you say it's hard to find one that can run continuously. :-))

Regards Dave.

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2013, 09:45:47 pm »

Hi all, the speed controllers ( brushless ) are water cooled, what's the best .....water scoops or a pump.

Regards Dave.

Originally my Tamar used pumps for cooling water, but they tended to burn out and so I just use water scoops now.

The scoops do keep the ESc cool enough, but you do lose the realism without the high water flow the real boats emit from their exhausts.

McGherkin

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2013, 09:50:33 pm »

What about running a 12v motor on 6v, and mounting it in such a way that the motor is above the pump (to prevent water from dripping out of the pump into the motor)?

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2013, 09:56:26 pm »

Hi Alan, nice to hear from you. As far as scoops go .....are the efficient at slow speed.

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2013, 09:58:48 pm »

What about running a 12v motor on 6v, and mounting it in such a way that the motor is above the pump (to prevent water from dripping out of the pump into the motor)?

Never thought of running a pump on 6 volts, may be worth a try. :-))

Regards Dave.

kinmel

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:18 pm »

Hi Alan, nice to hear from you. As far as scoops go .....are the efficient at slow speed.

Regards Dave.

Hi dave

In some early tests the EScs never got hot at all, even when running flat out; mine are designed for 70amps and I am operating below 20 amps.

I would still prefer a realistic amount of water out of the exhausts though, I am tempted leave the water scoops to cool the ESCs and additionally pump water direct into the exhausts only when I want the realism.  That way the pump is less stressed and isn't running all the time.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2013, 10:33:33 am »

Hi dave

In some early tests the EScs never got hot at all, even when running flat out; mine are designed for 70amps and I am operating below 20 amps.

I would still prefer a realistic amount of water out of the exhausts though, I am tempted leave the water scoops to cool the ESCs and additionally pump water direct into the exhausts only when I want the realism.  That way the pump is less stressed and isn't running all the time.

Thanks Alan, I like that idea of using the pump now and again, so as I have never used scoops before were are these best placed .

Regards Dave.

mersey dave

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2013, 04:04:49 pm »

Hi all, the brushless motors along the speed controllers are now fitted so hopefully I can get down to the lake tomorrow to undergo trials again. If all goes well I can move on to getting the hull ready for spraying. :-))

Regards Dave.  PS tried putting photos on but keeps rejecting due to size.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.