Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PBM Type 42 GM Destroyer  (Read 1420 times)

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
PBM Type 42 GM Destroyer
« on: November 04, 2013, 10:59:19 pm »

Hi all,i have returned to R/C Boats earlier in the year and have built several vessels now,wood and ABS,enjoy them all.I have recently discovered the PBM Type 42 wood kit i started in 1977![i knew it was there and have looked after it]It is in excellent condition,all sound nothing has sprung or deteriorated,hull and top superstructure all built but not sealed/painted and am thinking i will now finish it,having more time etc,retired.However,i remember at the time being warned off that these have a habit of turning over at speed,full rudder.In fact it mentions this heeling over in the write up and states the waterline measurement shown is too low.Can anyone shed any light or give me advice to give me the confidence to finish it off.I realise all weight has to be kept as low as poss. Many Thanks.Hope i have posted this in the right place,i am still a beginner.Bob.[/i]

Neil

• Full Mayhemer
Re: PBM Type 42 GM Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:46:35 am »

if that is correct, bob, just raise the waterline by adding some more ballast.
she was a "stand off scale" model anyway, so don't think that lowering the boat in the water by 15mm will make much difference to her looks but would enhance her sailing capabilities immensely.
after all, you are building and sailing the model to please yourself.........not others at the pond side who are just wanting to pull your model to pieces purely for their own egotistical benefit and self gratification.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 21 queries.