Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prawn trawler "Irene-Anne" 99-01  (Read 2607 times)

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Prawn trawler "Irene-Anne" 99-01
« on: December 14, 2013, 09:54:42 pm »

Hi there, this model is based on the last Gulf trawler we owned  22mtr "Brianna-Rene-Adele" the models hull is slightly different as I started this model before obtaining the actual vessels lines plans, I named the model after my Mother "Irene-Anne".
I started this model in August 1999 aboard the "Karamanda-Adele" while the "Brianna-Rene-Adele" was being built at Fremantle Western Australia. same deal as the other chine built models 2mm ply on 3/8" ply frames ,then using Chux wipes and resin to seal and strengthen the inside of the hull.                     
Brian  B

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Prawn trawler "Irene-Anne" 99-01
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »

2nd lot of photo's of the build
Brian  B

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 10:57:07 pm »

3rd photo's, The bulbous bow looks a bit rough, I used bits n pieces  to fill the area before shaping, then the hull and suprestructure to the priming stage....
Brian  B

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 11:05:13 pm »

4th photo's, showing the removable awning and brine tanks, wheelhouse etc removed for painting,  trawl booms ,bullbar etc, and then the front hand railing, winch's etc for primering.
Brian  B

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 11:26:43 pm »

5th photo's, using my cabin for the painting , then painting the hull of the model.
The finished model....
Brian  B

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 11:30:06 pm »

6th and last lot of photo's, showing her at different angles, last photo of her with the model "Brianna", thank you for viewing.......
Brian  B

Dicky-P

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 12:45:58 pm »

Another fantastic Brian special.
Note that most seem to have been built in the 90's, are you building anything at the mo ?
Regards dickyp

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 11:34:16 pm »

Top notch work all the way . Your attention to detail has to be seen to be believed. I get the feeling that there is a dollar to be made from fishing & I am sure hard work also helps. Tell us a bit about the trade & the boats & equipment. Last of all, thank you for sharing. Mick B.
Mick B.

B.B

• B.B
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 10:15:26 am »

Hi guy's, first up dickyp,I have started another couple of models (photo att) the larger model at 57" is of a 77' Tuna vessel called "Charissa" built  at Ballina N.S.W 1975, only have the frames up of her as haven't got the size planking needed for her, the one i have been working on is a 40" model of  a 52' prawn trawler "Wendy-J" built at Brisbane in 1963....
Hi Mick B, I think you will find our fishey has gone the way of a lot of fisheries through out the world ,Over governing , rules and regulations ,High fuel prices and low pay for the product, I was a fourth generation fisherman, I did the majority of my prawning in the Gulf of Carpentaria (top end of Australia) we sold our last trawler in Aug 2009, we still have the Fishing License which we lease out each season. Actually my Father (same name) has just had a book he wrote of his involvement in the Fishing Industry published (I don't know if I am able to mention it on this site or not ?)here go's, it is called "Prawners Down Under" published by Bookpal.
 So I do miss driving and working the boats,  with the models it still cost money but on a smaller scale  :-)) .....
Brian  B
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.