Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: newb from lincoln area  (Read 1499 times)

gliggsy

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
newb from lincoln area
« on: December 31, 2013, 04:47:04 pm »

Hi guys and firstly, happy new year to you all. Well I suppose it was only a matter of time before I wandered  into a boating forum, might well have done it thirty years ago when I was building the Billings Bluenose but that was pre - internet days. Any way, being a modeller/hobbyist/tinkerer it appears that I have always had a bit of wood or some other modern equivalent material, that I have been tranforming into the latest megadget cum thingyjobby and although I do fly fixed wing and helis mainly, probably because of the inclement weather, decided to start trawling 'the bay' looking for a 'bargain' boat, something for grandson & me to chuck in the local canal/fishing lake. Well to cut a long story short, there was I, pub car park, late dark night, giving money to a stranger for a box of wood & ply with a partly assembled hull under his arm. So you're all wondering what I bought........A Fairey Huntsman........31" all timber, now I did do a bit of reading before buying so was well aware of what to expect and what a lovely looking boat from my era. Already started gluing although there were no plans or instructions, an internet search didn't come up with much either but if I understand correctly, the designer of this iconic beauty posts on this forum  :-) so I am hoping that there will be plenty of help and info when I need it. Will not be going ic, would love to but modern leccies + eco friendly enviro's govern the waves these days IMO. Will try and post some piccies later and will ask away before long ;) ........G

Leaky Bottom

• Full Mayhemer
Re: newb from lincoln area
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 06:16:47 pm »

Hello

I've just finished renovating a precedent Fairy Huntsman 31 that has been stored in a loft for more than 30 years, I've converted it from ic to electric, it will be interesting to see what motor and battery configuration you go for as I was sort of shooting in the dark when I decided what to use. Not had chance to use it yet thou to see what performance I get from it.
"Leave me alone I know what I'm doing"

Pirate

• Full Mayhemer
Re: newb from lincoln area
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:51 pm »

Hi Gliggsy,
        welcome to the mad and wonderful world of boating and the even madder world of boaters. You are most warmly welcome to sail at Hartsholme electric model boat club, sailing at Hartsholme lake south Lincoln (Look us up via Google). We sail from 10 am every Sunday and have competitions regularly.
What ever you decide, enjoy yourself.
Regards
Pirate
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.