Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brushless for SLIPWAY TAMAR  (Read 12518 times)

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
Re: Brushless for SLIPWAY TAMAR
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2014, 11:15:50 pm »

I started out with some brushed motors in my Slipway Tamar i was disappointed with the turn of speed.
Just before Christmas I went out and got Two Turnigy D3542/5 1250 Kv motors. 660 watts of power each !
Wow the boat never goes on full power as it tries go leap out of the water.
I run it  as follows
two 50 amp fwd Rev Hobbyking esc.
two 11.1 lipos one for each esc / motor.
two Turnigy D3542/5 motors. These are on ebay from a chap in WGC Herts. PM me and i will send you his link.
Same props that come in the kit.

Hi Bill D203..

Do you use a programming card with your ESC's. If so, which one?

Just bought the 2 motors and esc's from Hobbyking. Actually stung me a bit as I somehow got from their uk site to the US site and ended up paying import taxes but, crap happens. Will teach me to watch carefully whilst on the web.

Hope to use them on my 1:12 scale Mersey. 😜

Declan

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 07:59:10 am »

Hi
No I use the esc as per factory settings. However there is a blue / yellow programmer if you need to change any of the setting on the esc . It is ok to use but can be a pain if you get it wrong ! Good luck !
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 09:21:05 am »

Hi
No I use the esc as per factory settings. However there is a blue / yellow programmer if you need to change any of the setting on the esc . It is ok to use but can be a pain if you get it wrong ! Good luck !

Cheers for that. I gather then you just swapped the two wires across on one motor to make it rotate the opposite way. i.e port 'engine' turning anticlockwise and starboard 'engine' turning clockwise when viewed from the stern.
Declan

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 01:58:17 pm »

Cheers for that. I gather then you just swapped the two wires across on one motor to make it rotate the opposite way. i.e port 'engine' turning anticlockwise and starboard 'engine' turning clockwise when viewed from the stern.
Declan

Thats correct! i have many more useful tips which I would be happy to talk to you on the phone if you need more help. PM me and I will send you my number if it would be a help. :-))
Roll On Mayday. Im off for a pint.   How Much!!!   WHEN do you need it!     No dear!    Yes dear??   Wot Now???  soon to be EX Chairman SMBC

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 04:48:45 pm »

Thats correct! i have many more useful tips which I would be happy to talk to you on the phone if you need more help. PM me and I will send you my number if it would be a help. :-))
Cheers.. I'm a long way off at the moment from starting the build on the Mersey but will keep your info in mind. Unfortunately, work keeps getting in the way.  :embarrassed:  and... the real Mersey is more fun. Off now to study my Watchkeeping Unit  for D-Class helm assessments (and Navigator on Mersey).  :-))
Declan

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »

Cheers.. I'm a long way off at the moment from starting the build on the Mersey but will keep your info in mind. Unfortunately, work keeps getting in the way.  :embarrassed:  and... the real Mersey is more fun. Off now to study my Watchkeeping Unit  for D-Class helm assessments (and Navigator on Mersey).  :-))
Declan

Wow ! that sounds like fun :-))  Im always on here so help is not far away if you need me.

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2014, 09:44:43 am »

Wow ! that sounds like fun :-))  Im always on here so help is not far away if you need me.

:-)) :-))
Declan

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 10:03:37 am »

Hi Bill D203.
What motor mounts did you use and where did you get them from?
Regards
Declan

Bill D203

• Full Mayhemer
  • not long now!!
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 05:16:25 pm »

Hi Bill D203.
What motor mounts did you use and where did you get them from?
Regards
Declan

Hi I had some custom made brackets made by one off my club members. However he is now retied so cant make anymore stuff as he does not have access to the machines any more.

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 05:47:46 pm »

No problem

Will look at making a couple of brackets at work (work in a school  :embarrassed: )

Declan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.