Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HMS/M Onyx  (Read 1777 times)

Rodgearing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
HMS/M Onyx
« on: April 29, 2014, 12:00:31 pm »

HMS/M  Onyx is due to be scrapped.
We are trying to save her but we need support cash and ideas why not join us your help would be appreciated.
Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/282328538596018/

Fred

hmsantrim

• Full Mayhemer
Re: HMS/M Onyx
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:09:57 pm »

Hi Fred.
         I was involved with F126 in Glasgow in the early 1990`s.  I gave 2 years of my time for free and for what as its now going to the scrap in turkey after the warship trust went bust in 2006. I enjoyed my time on her but all the work I did has been for naught. I had my office in the mortar metadyne room.
 You need a business plan to start with..how it will generate £££ and where you are going to keep it berthing fees etc or will it be better kept out of the water..?????? 
there are a whole range of costings scenarios you need to look at B4 before you even embark on a venture to try and  save a pice of maritime history.  Sometimes its better to let these things go as there is not enough money and  good intentions  to save them all.
 I wish you well with your endevour but I dont see it happening.
 frank  :-))

Rodgearing

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: HMS/M Onyx
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:05:11 am »

Thanks Frank
I think thats whats needed is advice from people that have been down the same road.  As you say its once up and running keeping the enthuse alive Thanks again
Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.