Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Billings NORDEN propeller shaft and propellor query  (Read 1449 times)

gromit1933

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Billings NORDEN propeller shaft and propellor query
« on: May 22, 2014, 05:29:17 pm »

I have just resurrected an old Billings Norden kit from the loft, which was started about 25 years ago. I would prefer to install a BRASS propeller and suitable shaft into the hull as the original seems to have gone walkies (I was not that keen on the one in the kit anyway!). Can anyone suggest an item(s) that is available from the trade that would be suitable and available. The original shaft was most probably 4mm diameter and quite short (? 90mm) but the length will need to be in the region of 60mm to accommodate a Graupner 500 motor and coupling which it is planned to fit. Any help greatly appreciated
Regards
Gromit

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Billings NORDEN propeller shaft and propellor query
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:31:46 am »

4mm shaft and tubes are readily available from most suppliers.  Usually the length quoted is the tube.  If the tube is too long, it is a simple enough matter to remove a bush, cut to length and refit the bush.  The same suppliers usually have props as well.  It might also be possible to find shorter couplings at the same time.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

lakesidebob

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
Re: Billings NORDEN propeller shaft and propellor query
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 06:55:21 pm »

Call Steve at  www.modelboatbits.com  he'll sort you out..Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.