Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is my seaport tug after upgrades  (Read 6322 times)

rhardy67

• Shipmate
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
This is my seaport tug after upgrades
« on: June 07, 2014, 05:36:58 pm »

Just changed out the toy electronics to hobby grade and i like how it turn out , put in a HOBBYWING QUICRUN WP1625 R/C Fwd & Rev W/BEC Brushed 100A ESC and Nx Metal Gear Digital 13kg Servo MG946 High Torque and using a FLYSKY Transmitter FS-GT2B 2.4Ghz radio system , stayed with stuck motor and using Traxxas powercell 5000 Manh nimh 8c battery . Hears a short video of it on water for the first time after upgrades http://youtu.be/NKHOni8Qvlo
This is a still work in progress  .
1 Traxxas Rustler VXL + HK Aquaholic rc boat and Seaport tug + Traxxas Slash 4x4 platinum + Pro boat Impulse 31 .

tugboat pete

• TUGBOAT PETE
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Im a tugger cos i pulled
Re: This is my seaport tug after upgrades
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

Hello there rhardy67 and welcome to mayhem you seem to be getting on with that mod i would advise to remove the ballast tank and isopon the inlets closed hope all goes well best regards. tugboat pete YAAAARG

rhardy67

• Shipmate
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »

Hello there rhardy67 and welcome to mayhem you seem to be getting on with that mod i would advise to remove the ballast tank and isopon the inlets closed hope all goes well best regards. tugboat pete YAAAARG
Thought about removing the ballast tank but that where the battery sits  on . if i would remove it how much weight would i have to add ?
1 Traxxas Rustler VXL + HK Aquaholic rc boat and Seaport tug + Traxxas Slash 4x4 platinum + Pro boat Impulse 31 .

tugboat pete

• TUGBOAT PETE
  • Full Mayhemer
  • Im a tugger cos i pulled
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 05:21:16 pm »

yes i understand but if you cut out the ballast tank use isopon p36 to fill the inlet slots you will be able to fit a battery lower into the hull im posting my ballast weights position you may find that you wont have to use so much taking into account the battery weight have a look at my posts on this mod hope all goes well good luck and keep on pulling YAAAARG.

rhardy67

• Shipmate
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 05:36:30 pm »

yes i understand but if you cut out the ballast tank use isopon p36 to fill the inlet slots you will be able to fit a battery lower into the hull im posting my ballast weights position you may find that you wont have to use so much taking into account the battery weight have a look at my posts on this mod hope all goes well good luck and keep on pulling YAAAARG.
The battery i use is a traxxas 8c 5000 mah nimh battery and is alot longer than what your use . mind sets on top of the ballast tray between the 2 blue strips of rc wheel weight .

rhardy67

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:52:08 pm »

Changed video . hear it is before an after upgrades .
http://youtu.be/5Ua4nmFsOBE
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.